Does any softball parent have a life outside softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
Here is how you cope. You will wake up someday and your youngest daughter will be 31 years old and you will long for the days that you drove them to practice at 6 in the morning or 9 at night in the gym after bball. All the long trips, games in the rain and snow, muscle aches and pains, long talks after games will be a thing of the past and you will have fond memories. If you are lucky enough, you will have some grandkids to spoil and watch your kids going through the same things as you did and realize that you did a pretty good job.

Apr 28, 2010
MI
I agree. fruits is all my DD wants to eat at tourneys. Or i will go to like samsclub & get a HUGE box of granola bar so there is enough to share with teamamates. as far as fitting things in, you may actually have to say, Hey i will be to game a little late, or i will have to leave for a few minutes while your hanging with teammates. I am sure coaches other parents will help out if you need.

Feb 6, 2010
I totally understand where you are coming from....I coach my oldest DD's team and my youngests is on another team. They are also in dance, track, rec league softball, and 4H. We are never home. My house isn't clean, my laundry isn't done, my yard get mowed but not trimed - we are having making lifetime memories instead. I will get to the cleaning and yard work when the girls are gone.

Keep your kitchen stocked with on the go snacks - bananas, grapes, granola bars, string cheese, go-gurts, applesauce cups, etc. Use your grill and crockpot for quick meals.

If you are really feeling burned out - take a day off. Ask another parent to take DD to the tourney for day 1 and you go for day 2....missing 3 games isn't a big deal if it allows you to recharge.

May 25, 2010
Both my wife and I are self-employed and, with only one child, one of us is able to be at every game or practice. This will be her first season of fall ball so, assuming no scheduling overlap, she will have soccer practice twice per week with games on Saturdays and then softball practice twice per week with double-headers on Sundays...plus her pitching lesson. Giving her every opportunity to succeed in the things she enjoys is my job and I don't mind it one bit.

Thanks for all the meal suggestions!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish