Do you play with what you have?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
also, play the games, play any and all games possible, this past 12 months ought to have made eveyrone a firm believer in this. treat every potential game as the gem and gift that it is.

just learned that HS swim season will be no parents allowed! :( they might invite one per meet out of a group who volunteers to livestream (ohhh ooohh pick me pick me mr Kotter)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
You're such a tease.
One referee kept calling wild calls against us and at the end of the game, he called phantom fouls to allow our opponent to shoot free throws to beat us. The last one to take the lead with 4 seconds left. I was furious so I had our camera guy film him after the game. He went to the other team's locker room and hugged two of those players as he said "I told you I would take care of you." Then, he asked them who their favorite uncle was. I had all of that on film along with his congratulations from the parents of the other team where he bragged that I didn't have a clue about what hit me. As I said, after the state association watched this video, this guy has been banned from officiating in my state. Of course, this did not help my team and the investigation didn't happen until after the state tournament. Sorry to hijack a softball site with my basketball stories.

Jun 8, 2016
One referee kept calling wild calls against us and at the end of the game, he called phantom fouls to allow our opponent to shoot free throws to beat us. The last one to take the lead with 4 seconds left. I was furious so I had our camera guy film him after the game. He went to the other team's locker room and hugged two of those players as he said "I told you I would take care of you." Then, he asked them who their favorite uncle was. I had all of that on film along with his congratulations from the parents of the other team where he bragged that I didn't have a clue about what hit me. As I said, after watching this, this guy has been banned from officiating in my state. Of course, this did not help my team and the investigation didn't happen until after the state tournament. Sorry to hijack a softball site with my basketball stories.
That hijack was worth it..LOL!!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I still have nightmares about it. I can't let it go and it hurts me to know what happened to those young ladies. It is kind of like the fastball that was supposed to be thrown outside to walk a hitter in the state championship game in 1991 where our pitcher got to close to the plate and a guy named Cliff Floyd hit a double and broke open the game. That not only resulted in not winning back-to-back state championships but also busted a run of winning 64 games in a row. I still have nightmares about that.

Jun 8, 2016
I could not get tossed! We were winning until we weren't and this was too important. I think you see why I have nightmares about it.
Yeah self-control..I think I may have thought about using that once or twice in my life...I am guessing many bball coaches have a game that still haunts them.

May 21, 2018
also, play the games, play any and all games possible, this past 12 months ought to have made eveyrone a firm believer in this. treat every potential game as the gem and gift that it is.

just learned that HS swim season will be no parents allowed! :( they might invite one per meet out of a group who volunteers to livestream (ohhh ooohh pick me pick me mr Kotter)
I for one, appreciate the Horshack reference.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
One referee kept calling wild calls against us and at the end of the game, he called phantom fouls to allow our opponent to shoot free throws to beat us. The last one to take the lead with 4 seconds left. I was furious so I had our camera guy film him after the game. He went to the other team's locker room and hugged two of those players as he said "I told you I would take care of you." Then, he asked them who their favorite uncle was. I had all of that on film along with his congratulations from the parents of the other team where he bragged that I didn't have a clue about what hit me. As I said, after the state association watched this video, this guy has been banned from officiating in my state. Of course, this did not help my team and the investigation didn't happen until after the state tournament. Sorry to hijack a softball site with my basketball stories.
Easy for me to say with no skin in the game, but it seems to me a disqualification is in order, strip the title from the school. "I told you I would take care of you" indicates the players knew ahead of time the fix was in. At least an asterisk in the record book.

Aug 25, 2019
Wow, what a disgrace, that referee has absolutely zero integrity, not only in sports, but in life. Not only can I never umpire TB DD's game, but if she's in a 18U tourney, I cannot even umpire any of those games ( I mean I could, the assigner doesn't know where my DD plays) In school league I obviously cannot umpire any level of game in my school district, and if possible, cannot umpire games in district's division. I'm fine with all of that, the way it should be.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1