Do I even know what the heck I'm saying? Advice please.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Just FYI, we went to the Introduce Girls to Engineering Day at Purdue and DD had a wonderful time. We didn't bother contacting the softball staff since the team was away in Tenn for a tourney. DD liked the school and their engineering programs though. I do wish this was held at a more weather-friendly time of year. :)

Stopped at Wash U in STL (my old alma mater) on the way back and walked around campus and the library. She was quite taken with it also. We're going to need to buy a new minivan soon. I don't think our 2005 Town&Country is going to hold up to cross-country college trips. How did everyone else do this? With only a week or two off every summer, it's going to be difficult to plan out college visits. Is spring break and/or Christmas break an option?

Mar 26, 2013
I think you get a better sense of a school if you visit while they're in session, so spring break is a great time for schools on a different schedule than yours.

Some people incorporate campus visits into their TB trips (e.g. nationals, showcases) - during and/or by extending the trip.

IMO, taking a guided campus tour is more informative than just wandering around on your own. Besides the official info, they're often led by a current student that can provide insight about campus life.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Just FYI, we went to the Introduce Girls to Engineering Day at Purdue and DD had a wonderful time. We didn't bother contacting the softball staff since the team was away in Tenn for a tourney. DD liked the school and their engineering programs though. I do wish this was held at a more weather-friendly time of year.

Too bad you did not call the softball staff - the tournament in TN last weekend was cancelled.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06