DISC profile test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Anyone here ever take one? I have taken them at work and at a recent company picnic the Broker I work with was talking about how he thinks kids should take the test before they pick a major in college. His reasoning is that you will be guided to look for things that appeal to your personality type if you know what that type is. So my dd asked me about it over the weekend and I showed her where you can do one for free online (Tony Robbins website) and she and my wife took the test and they each got a 40 page report. I had done one about a month ago so I still had my report.

It was surprisingly accurate. To me the surprising part wasn't what it revealed about the strong points of my personality but what it showed me about the lower scored areas. It was eye opening. My wife and dd's scores were pretty accurate and the description of their personality and how they work and learn was spot on.

So would you consider having your player, or an entire team take the test. I think it would help a coach know what drives a player and how to teach her in the manner she learns best.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Sounds interesting. Did your results say anything about softball China?

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
IMHO, the results on these types of tests are meaningless.

*HOWEVER*, taking the test, thinking about the results, discussing the results, and making a plan is extremely valuable.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Anyone here ever take one? I have taken them at work and at a recent company picnic the Broker I work with was talking about how he thinks kids should take the test before they pick a major in college. His reasoning is that you will be guided to look for things that appeal to your personality type if you know what that type is. So my dd asked me about it over the weekend and I showed her where you can do one for free online (Tony Robbins website) and she and my wife took the test and they each got a 40 page report. I had done one about a month ago so I still had my report.

It was surprisingly accurate. To me the surprising part wasn't what it revealed about the strong points of my personality but what it showed me about the lower scored areas. It was eye opening. My wife and dd's scores were pretty accurate and the description of their personality and how they work and learn was spot on.

So would you consider having your player, or an entire team take the test. I think it would help a coach know what drives a player and how to teach her in the manner she learns best.

Yes, I would consider having an entire team take the disc personality test. It will facilitate better teamwork and minimize team conflict, it will increase their self knowledge on how to respond to conflicts. lastly, they will work more effectively as a team by understanding the dispositions of each member. Take a look this as it might be a good source for this type of test.

Last edited:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Got money to waste, have your palm read.

IMO, just another work-place rah-rah exercise and waste of money that could be put to better use in the business.

BTW, been through it couple times with different managers with different strategies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06