Dirtbags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
The Yankees have a minor league affiliate called the Tarpons that I always seem to read wrong the first time,
DIrtbags seems like one of the names a couple coaches at a bar decided would be pretty cool...until tryouts but it was too late because the uniforms were already on order.

May 3, 2018
I used to call my old 1988 Ford a Thunder Chicken until it warped it's aluminum heads at 72,000 miles. At that point, I resorted to referring to it as expletives.

May 29, 2015
It's a reference to the movie "All Stars". If you haven't seen it, you need to. Seriously.

I have never heard of that movie ... which is really odd since I am a cinephile who worked in movie theaters and video stores for a good chunk of my younger life.

May 29, 2015
Macon Bacon is still around. Started up a couple of years ago. Have a awesome rivalry with the Savannah Bananas in the Coastal Plains League!

I was in the Savannah area for vacation a few weeks ago and tried to go to a Savannah Bananas vs. Macon Bacon game but couldn’t get tickets ahead of time. I also couldn’t get my wife off the beach to go to the stadium to see if we could get tickets at the gate. The Savannah Bananas claim they have sold out every home game for three years (or something like that).

Nov 18, 2015
I have never heard of that movie ... which is really odd since I am a cinephile who worked in movie theaters and video stores for a good chunk of my younger life.
All-Stars only came out about 3 years ago. You really should find time to watch it this weekend if you can.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Yeah I think anyone on this board can probably relate to the All-Stars movie at some point in thier softball journey. I believe it was a Netflix direct to video stream movie but I could be wrong.

May 29, 2015
Sorry...:oops: I personally only think of one thing when I hear the word predator, and that is The Predator.

And yes, All Stars is an excellent movie (It is a YouTube movie). My daughters love it.

I tried to get them to make a logo with THE Predator (one of my favorite film franchises!), but they insisted on lifting a logo from somebody else. That and we couldn’t find uniforms that would make the girls invisible. 😁

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13