Dirtbags

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015

I was just Googling it ... I did not know that Thunder Chicken is a southern term for a male turkey. In that light, kind of odd to name a girls/women’s softball team (maybe that is an assumption on my part) that.

For the record, I’ve seen baseball teams named Dirtbags for years around here.

One of my daughter’s teams was the Predators. I always felt weird walking around a kids softball tournament with “PREDATORS” emblazoned on my chest.

Oct 4, 2018
I actually saw that team advertising for players on Facebook today. I said to myself why would you name a team that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a team in the MLB farm system out of Macon, GA. They named themselves Whoopee.

I've heard they changed their name a few years ago to Bacon.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
I was just Googling it ... I did not know that Thunder Chicken is a southern term for a male turkey. In that light, kind of odd to name a girls/women’s softball team (maybe that is an assumption on my part) that.

For the record, I’ve seen baseball teams named Dirtbags for years around here.

One of my daughter’s teams was the Predators. I always felt weird walking around a kids softball tournament with “PREDATORS” emblazoned on my chest.

I suppose it depends on what your word association is. There is a professional hockey team named the Predators. Everything is offensive or non-PC if you want it to be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13