Dilema!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2015
I am not a supporter of girls playing above their age for several reasons. I understand you may be after better competition, but there are more important issues (to me); emotional and social maturity being two of the biggest.

Because it doesn't sound like there is anything illegal, immoral or fattening happening, I would view this as an opportunity for your DD to buck up and get better. You guys wanted to play up, right?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Have your daughter speak with the coach and tell him, whaT she is doing to get better. See what he expects. Also, forget keeping her batting average. Yours and the coach's is never going to match. Make certain that she is practicing at home and seeing her hitting coach.

Good luck. I bet she can do this.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Most recruiting happens at 16U, so not sure why your DD would want to jump to 18U....I am also not a fan of having the same HC for TB and HS. Last, but not least, every parent who keeps their DDs batting average will be .100-.150 points higher than an impartial scorekeeper.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
... The coach ... assure me that she was going to play her main position. Then in our last tournament that my dd made a few errors she got switched from her position after one inning sitting in the dugout to a different position that’s when she made another error. ...

So, if your daughter leaves this team, would she be honest with her next coach and say she left her previous team because she didn't like it when the coach moved her off her favorite position after she made some errors?

And that she's looking for a coach who will assure that she'll play her favorite position no matter what?

Also, why should we believe that your statistics are more accurate than the coach's?

I don't see the purpose of him reading the stats to the players, though. You've got a point there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1