Did some of the older bats leave the NCAA approved list in July??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2015
DD had her first college game over the weekend, and her roommate was told her 2017 Xeno wasn’t on the approved list. I went through the NCAA list and it appears from the April 2021 list to the July 2021 list, quite a few older bats were dropped, if I am reading it correctly. No Demarini older than CF Zen. No LXT or Xeno older than 2018...those are just a few that I noticed that were gone.
Am I reading the approved bat list correctly??

Jan 17, 2020
Bats are on the list based on manufacturers guidelines. You will never see old bats on the list as the manufacturer can’t profit from them or,
“Bat models listed herein are placed on the list by the manufacturer because the manufacturer believes them to be appropriate to the collegiate
fastpitch game and in compliance with the NCAA Softball Playing Rules and batted ball exit speed standard of less than 98 mph.” And “Manufacturers are responsible for, and liable for any damages resulting from, any misrepresentations associated with the same”

Apr 22, 2015
I get the profit part, but there are still 2016 Mako’s and 2017 Stealth Flex’s on there, but no Xeno or LXT older than 2018...So are you saying that Louisville Slugger is actually having them pulled, so that new bats have to be purchased?? I’m sure the big teams that are sponsored by them, don’t have to purchase any way and if they do, they get a huge cut rate. So all in all it again only hurts the little guys who have to purchase their own equipment

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00