Did I make the right call?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2008
Pace, FL
The only argument I was given that made me question my call was "What if the same thing happened to a catcher at the plate?" I.E., catcher gets hit, has full posession of the ball until she lands on ground and then it bounces out. The 'ol' "Show me the ball" question comes to mind.

You only need her to "show you the ball" if there is a question in your mind whether she had control at the time of the tag. I have an out in the OP and in the play described at the plate. :cool:

May 30, 2011
Guess you HTBT.. as my mind's eye is seeing this play as described in the OP, F6 is basically in the process of falling to the ground as she reaches out and tags the runner, and almost immediately after touching the runner hits the ground and the ball rolls out. I doubt the player could be falling for over a second. There is no voluntary release of the ball here which would go a long way to establishing control of the ball; the ground caused the ball to be dropped.

Again maybe if I saw your play first hand I might agree but I have a hard time calling an out with the ball rolling on the ground here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA