Desperately need help with 12U daughter's coach re: pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 16, 2012
Because we are half-way through the season, we've paid all of her fees (a considerable amount of money), and we want to honor the commitment we made.

Fair enough... I was under the impression the invite to join the team was for the following season. My fault.

Dec 20, 2012
I agree with finishing with this team and picking up as much as possible. Use your team for what you can-discipline, good skills development, etc. As you experienced, sometimes less playing time on a solid/competent team is better then a fundamentally challenged team. Next year: no coaches with DD pitchers.

Agree, if this is a really good team you can make name for yourself in the games she does get to pitch. Stick it out. And other teams will take notice and even come to yo. If she is as good as said and not getting the mound time. You will get the "she will be ou r#1 if she comes over".

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Circle time is critical for a pitcher's development, and if the HC and AC daughters are ahead of your DD and she is not getting the circle time she needs to improve, I would strongly suggest looking for another team in the off season. If you DD is as good as you say she is, just mentioning to the HC that you are considering changing teams might cause him to rethink how much circle time he is giving her.

Not sure where you are located, but there are ALWAYS teams looking for good pitchers!!!! If your DD is not ready to pitch at high level A-ball, move down to a low-A or high-B team where she will be the #1 or #2. At 12U her development as a pitcher is a lot more important than being on a marquee team.

Apr 29, 2013
Circle time is critical for a pitcher's development, and if the HC and AC daughters are ahead of your DD and she is not getting the circle time she needs to improve, I would strongly suggest looking for another team in the off season. If you DD is as good as you say she is, just mentioning to the HC that you are considering changing teams might cause him to rethink how much circle time he is giving her.

Yes, you are right. We will be looking at other teams, for sure.

He knows how important it is to my DD to pitch. We've talked about it with him. So I think a coach would have to be pretty stupid to not realize that player will be looking for a better opportunity. Seems to me like he knows this and just doesn't care if she leaves, which just seems so short sighted to me. But what do I know? I'm just a parent.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Yes, you are right. We will be looking at other teams, for sure.

He knows how important it is to my DD to pitch. We've talked about it with him. So I think a coach would have to be pretty stupid to not realize that player will be looking for a better opportunity. Seems to me like he knows this and just doesn't care if she leaves, which just seems so short sighted to me. But what do I know? I'm just a parent.

Yes do what is right for your DD. As far as the coach being short sighted.... typically you play year to year, players come and go. I wouldn't worry at all about that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414