Dena Tyson and Dream Team Softball Camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2011
All over
Hello my name is Dena Tyson. I played softball at the University of Washington from 2002 to 2007. My career was pretty successful but decided to not continue on to pro and start coaching. First I started coaching ASA travel teams and doing private lessons and then lucky enough to land a coaching job at Pacific Lutheran University in Parkland, Washington. I have had the pleasure of the last 5 years to see the girls I work with accomplish their softball goals and build as women. But once I started having children I realized that if I am helping this young women change the mindset imagine the impact I could have on the younger players and be able to see them through their whole career. So when the plan came to mind I knew I couldn’t send my message to a mass group so I decided to put on camps/clinic with no camp being more than 40 girls and spend 2 to 3 days with that same group. And if I can work with these 40 girls twice a year with the help of their coaches, parents and even other teammates throughout the year for years to come I KNOW THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE A CAREER!

Now a background on my career so you can see where this passion comes from: I was always a talented player but EVERY COACH and of course if you know my father Marty Tyson lol always knew that there was more in me. Now after years of getting by on talent at 22 is when it finally clicked! What clicked should be the next question: my mental game and physical game. Thus is why you see the stat jump my senior season and the highest finish at the World Series I had taken my whole 3 trips there. Without too much more talk about myself; this is why I am starting these camps because I know that there are a lot of Dena Tyson's out there and I don’t want to get it at 22 like I did!

With all that being said what is going to set the Dream Team Camps apart is that not only will you get the experience I went through but I will have a counterpart such as a Danielle Lawrie, Caitlin Lowe, Ashley Charters etc. the girls that knew what it would take to achieve high goals throughout their WHOLE career. Now our youth will be able in a semi-private atmosphere to ask the questions and pick our brains to become the best players they can be physically and mentally.

What Dream Team Camps offer me and another Dream Team Member (We have Danielle Lawrie, Caitlin Lowe, Ashley Charters just to name a few people who have agreed to do some Dream Team Camps) and hopefully as many local coaches who want to come out and we all learn from each, teaching our girls what the successful players in our game do physically and mentally. A 40 Max camp and all skills camp for 2 to 3 Days. (We also provide a free coaches clinic) For more information you can check our website: Home and if this is something you are interested in or just want to talk the game please shoot me a message or an email at Dena.DTSCali@gmail.com.

Thanks for your Time
Dena Tyson

Oct 25, 2009
Great!

I love Caitlin Lowe. I can't imagine how all that courage got packaged in one person! AWESOME player!!

Tell her I said Happy Birthday; which was February 6. Also Babe Ruth's birthday.

Good luck with the camps. And thanks for posting here!

Feb 13, 2011
All over
Great!

I love Caitlin Lowe. I can't imagine how all that courage got packaged in one person! AWESOME player!!

Tell her I said Happy Birthday; which was February 6. Also Babe Ruth's birthday.

Good luck with the camps. And thanks for posting here!

She is the best player I have ever played with! (dani best pitcher lol) I will never miss her birthday Febuary 6: 2/6: her number 26 pretty cool right?!?!

Jul 16, 2012
My daughter was going to be at your Dream Team camp in Bozeman, but couldn't attend because of some unforeseen family circumstances. I know she missed out on a great camp and can hopefully attend next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad