DeMarini vs Louisville Slugger ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2016
Cincy
My daughter has been using a DeMarini for years and the last one has sounded dead since I bought it!! I hate purchasing the current (2016) bat but the mother in law purchased it so she is getting "the bat" the Louisville slugger plus LXT $350! Joke. I hate that. If you buy a 2015 it's at least $100 cheaper. Anyhow, someone please tell this will be a great difference! ;) this is such a mental sport I know but I swear I could give her a $60 bat and if she had no idea she would have the best season of her life! Does anyone share this frustration or is this a Java"Mom" thing?

Thanks for letting the newbie vent! I'm sure I will be more than thrilled when it arrives, as you know it was not in stock!

Look forward to the season!

Jan 3, 2014
"LXT $350!" - Oh my God. Please tell me you didn't do that. Cue the coresoftball recommendations. Never pay retail. Return the bat if you can. Then PM coresoftball on this website. Never pay retail again.

Apr 25, 2014
My opinions is demarini vs LS is the same as Coke vs Pepsi. My kid loves demarinis so that's what we buy. And I'm kinda glad cause I HATE the sound the LS make.

Agree with laker. Please please please don't ever pay retail for a bat. If you can get a good deal then you can sell it when she out grows it. I just sold my DD cf7 that she had for 11 months. It cost me $25 for her to use it. Lol

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My daughter has been using a DeMarini for years and the last one has sounded dead since I bought it!! I hate purchasing the current (2016) bat but the mother in law purchased it so she is getting "the bat" the Louisville slugger plus LXT $350! Joke. I hate that. If you buy a 2015 it's at least $100 cheaper. Anyhow, someone please tell this will be a great difference! ;) this is such a mental sport I know but I swear I could give her a $60 bat and if she had no idea she would have the best season of her life! Does anyone share this frustration or is this a Java"Mom" thing?

Thanks for letting the newbie vent! I'm sure I will be more than thrilled when it arrives, as you know it was not in stock!

Look forward to the season!

I Second - PM coresoftball on this site and receive the best pricing and service you will ever receive.

I Second - it is Coke/Pepsi or Nikon/Canon.... in reality the performance is so close it becomes personal preference. Either way you can't go wrong - both top end of performance on the market.

So, if you see any difference, it will be the player, not the bat - but confidence in the bat can be a big part of the difference if you see what I am saying.

Sep 9, 2014
I was in the same boat last year and ended up with the CF8! My DD love it but I do like the sound of the LS more!! I guess is a preference thing.... Yes Coresoftball is the man!!!

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
LS same weight bat still actually weighs more than a Demarini. Just something to think about. Other than that - it's totally preference. DD has both but favors the DEM.

Jun 12, 2015
My daughter's first "real" bat was a secondhand CF4 we got on Ebay for $60. It's been a great bat. She had a Miken for awhile she really liked but it got too light so this year we got a CF8 (we used a local dealer who does group buys and got it for $250). Once at the cage I had her swing a Xeno and I liked it but she and her dad both liked the demarini better. Almost every girl on our team has a CF8. I put nail polish dots around the base of hers just so we could tell it apart from the others. lol

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
The only real difference is the way it "feels" for your DD. My DD fortunately gets the chance to swing all the newest to market bats to see what she prefers. After some testing with ball exit speeds, she chose the LXT+ over the others. It fit her swing the best, and as a result, she had greater exit speed with it. The results will be different for each hitter of course.

Apr 8, 2013
I've come to the conclusion after several years and too much $$$ spent, that there is pretty much little to no difference in performance of top end brands of bats at any level of play. The key is finding the right combination of length, overall weight and weight distribution, which can vary by manufacturer. Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge trucks - with a Tundra thrown in there as well. LS vs Demarini vs Easton vs Worth.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What model is the Demarini mentioned in the original post? If it's a CF-series, you might not see a significant difference in the LXT, unless it it somehow damaged. If the Demaini is a Vendetta, the LXT will be a step up. Either way, the sound of the LXT will certainly be different.

As others have stated, if there's any way the LXT can be returned, you can save a decent chunk of money by buying through CoreSoftball20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45