DeMarini Vendetta Bat ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Isn't the 2011 Vendetta the red and black one that rountinely snapped in half? Might be hard to find one, most of them are broken.
No... the vendetta is black/orange. Two pc. composite... its a low end composite. Again, its OK for a first "good" bat, but nothing worth spending over $50 on.

Sep 2, 2013
I sent E-Mail on the 50 bucks, This is the first time dealing with Softball Bats, DD played Baseball until this fall, She has a LS hybrid composite 29/17 (15 home runs and counting) got too short and moved to an Easton composite both were good , The Easton 31/20 started strong but it's time for softball daddy ! (I wish I had my 200+ bucks back on the Easton hit approx. 20 times OUCH !) . I will be shopping and asking everyone before spring about the yes's and the No's. My DD is 5' and 124 lbs. and growing so the size may be ? by spring, being strong, 20 pushup's and squats ,easily tells me she can handle a heaver weight but asking for help soon , Thanks Grady

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2013
12 YO DD is 4’ 11” and 80 lbs.

1 HC told her she needed to be to a 33” next year because she could not cover the plate properly with a 30" bat, I sent her to practice with a 32” bat and another coach said it was way too big for her and she needed to chook up.

The truth lies on what I can get on eBay xmas time.

Jun 1, 2013
I keep DD with a -12 and a -10. Sometimes the speed is so different, the box isn't big enougb for the adjustments. I think I am gonna get her -9 for next school season. Jr High ball is filled with mid 40's and in travel she bats against mid to upper 50's.

Jun 24, 2013
I am trying to steal your thread. :)

12YO DD was given the opportunity to bat in a varsity game. She only swung at strikes but her swing was completed before the ball crossed the plate. Pitcher wasn’t throwing changeups; she was just slower than DD was used to. The other batters didn’t have an Issue, DD wasn’t even close.

Now the HC is justified moving DD to a 33” bat, we will see.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
A 33 in. bat is way too big for your DD, James. I work with very beginners every week. Just this morning, I put a 32 inch bat in the hands of a beginning 13 yo, that is 5'8". It is all the bat that she can handle - and even with that she had bat drag.

Without knowing your DD, I would buy her a 31 and continue private hitting lessons.

Jun 24, 2013
Thanks, I agree.

All of us like DD's HC so her opinion carries a lot of weight; I just think she is wrong in this circumstance.

In practice they tell her to swing at everything because they are free, that is not DD’s game. She does not have the reach to hit anything but other players do, she cannot and does not chase bad pitches unless the coach tells her to.

I am her hitting coach so no help there, expect a post from me in a few months. Bat shopping is so fun.

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
Here's a bat shopping story. I too thought my daughter could benefit from a slightly longer bat. I picked up a 34/24 Stealth new, clearance. From closeout bats. Realizing it was too long, I asked Easton if we could replace it. I thought they would not but they did. It was replaced with a 33/23 FS2. Even though she was comfortable with the 33/23 Demarini CF5 and the 32/23 CF4, she didn't swing the Easton well. Again I figured Easton would be no help seeing I bought a bat that was too big for her. I was wrong. They were willing to exchange again. This time they had no more bats so I have a $320 credit waiting to be used on a brand new model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah