Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
Neither were advertised prices. One was a custom order through a brick-and-mortar chain. The other sells All-Star gear as a supplement to their primary business. In both cases, I was able to buy for less than the MAP pricing.

MAP is where they get you. It's always an out of a manufacturer wants to clip your wings

Jun 29, 2018
Question for anyone that knows, on the non linear testing info it has 2 different prisms..pzps 19 and pzp 19 and 20..the pzps version has lower compression numbers..what would that bat be? thanks

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You still haven't answered anything on the buyback...why would the huge stores have blowouts and lose money if they have 100% buyback? Since making
10 bucks on a bat is pointless, why lose at all then. Just give the bats back for exactly what you paid and call it a day when the bats drop.

And I do know a little about business 625, wasn't looking for a lesson...haha. I sell a pretty large number of bats, so I know all about tiers, terms...yada yada.
I was top tier every buy in.
I know about Amazon which is why Im not really looking at them as that's all different.

Just had the ONE question...why sell losses if you can give the bats back?

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Neither were advertised prices. One was a custom order through a brick-and-mortar chain. The other sells All-Star gear as a supplement to their primary business. In both cases, I was able to buy for less than the MAP pricing.

MAP is advertised price...you cant advertise under that pricing. BUT you can sell for anything you want. BUT if the manufacturer wants to change their rules to screw
you over, they can do as they wish. You are at their mercy. Which is also why, people are allowed to buy or not buy the products :)

The only thing people do now when selling Wilson, is do fake receipts. So people still sell for whatever they want, they just put 349.95 on the receipt and change it after its printed.

Jun 6, 2018
You still haven't answered anything on the buyback...why would the huge stores have blowouts and lose money if they have 100% buyback? Since making
10 bucks on a bat is pointless, why lose at all then. Just give the bats back for exactly what you paid and call it a day when the bats drop.

They are not selling losses as Demarini (Wilson) drops the price on the bats to DSG and essentially is saying to DSG sell the bats at a discount for us, instead of shipping them back and making us blow them out. The only difference becomes DSG profit margin in a blowout sale time is going to be reduced by around 30-40% from when they sold at MAP. DSG takes the approach that they can sell a ton of bats at an adequate profit margin level so they accommodate Demarini (Wilson) by essentially being the mule and blowing out the bats for Demarini.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017

And I do know a little about business 625, wasn't looking for a lesson...haha. I sell a pretty large number of bats, so I know all about tiers, terms...yada yada.
I was top tier every buy in.
I know about Amazon which is why Im not really looking at them as that's all different.

Chains like Dicks are doing that (taking advantage of purchase/return agreements)- they analyze every sku daily and will end up shipping stuff back and keeping some too. If there are sales, they model the sales into projections and keep what they think they will sell. They will always end up with some overstock that goes past the return date and those end up as markdowns if they don't sell. There are so many factors to inventory control in a big box environment it can't be oversimplified the way you are implying.

May 23, 2015

And I do know a little about business 625, wasn't looking for a lesson...haha. Just had the ONE question...why sell losses if you can give the bats back?

You are asking for a business lesson because you don't know how big business works. I explained it in my last post, I'm trying. They also eliminate stock as sales decrease only to reorder once the manufacturer want's to drop their obsolescence from stock. It's just good business

That number will also play a part at markdown time. Sometimes they will say sell it through, keep the money, and you'll get credit on your next order. Sometimes they'll credit you based on your markdowns........ There's a ton of ways to play the game and it makes good sense because you want the retailer to carry you 2019 line of widgets. ]

May 23, 2015
Chains like Dicks are doing that (taking advantage of purchase/return agreements)- they analyze every sku daily and will end up shipping stuff back and keeping some too. If there are sales, they model the sales into projections and keep what they think they will sell. They will always end up with some overstock that goes past the return date and those end up as markdowns if they don't sell. There are so many factors to inventory control in a big box environment it can't be oversimplified the way you are implying.

Smart guy. Thumbs up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez