Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2011
Here's a second hand, anecdotal report on the Prism. I have no skin in the game as DD is a longtime Xeno kid.

DD's teammate got one at the DeMarini booth in Colorado after a demo. She's a good hitter who is a longtime DeMarini user that has a CF8 in her bag.

She smashed with it all week and it's now her new #1. Her dad said the sweet spot is larger than the CF8, and for lack of a better analogy, has a lighter swing feel (e.g. LXT vs. Xeno.) He also said the Prism was HAWT from the first swing.

Regarding a comparison to the Ghost, I can't say, but I ran into another friend in Colorado who said that their team had three broken Ghosts during the week. If the Prism doesn't have the durability issues the Ghost has, I believe DeMarini is going to eat Easton's lunch.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Here's a second hand, anecdotal report on the Prism. I have no skin in the game as DD is a longtime Xeno kid.

DD's teammate got one at the DeMarini booth in Colorado after a demo. She's a good hitter who is a longtime DeMarini user that has a CF8 in her bag.

She smashed with it all week and it's now her new #1. Her dad said the sweet spot is larger than the CF8, and for lack of a better analogy, has a lighter swing feel (e.g. LXT vs. Xeno.) He also said the Prism was HAWT from the first swing.

Regarding a comparison to the Ghost, I can't say, but I ran into another friend in Colorado who said that their team had three broken Ghosts during the week. If the Prism doesn't have the durability issues the Ghost has, I believe DeMarini is going to eat Easton's lunch.
Doubt they’ll eat their lunch even if durability is better. Eastons and Demarinis are on opposite ends of the scale when it comes to feel. The kids I know who love Easton hate Demarini and vice versa.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Doubt they’ll eat their lunch even if durability is better. Eastons and Demarinis are on opposite ends of the scale when it comes to feel. The kids I know who love Easton hate Demarini and vice versa.

I think that used to be the case with the older Eastons, but the Ghost isn't a big difference in feel compared with the CF. Different, but not a lot. (Info based on what I have been told by my 13yo DD.)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You are asking for a business lesson because you don't know how big business works. I explained it in my last post, I'm trying. They also eliminate stock as sales decrease only to reorder once the manufacturer want's to drop their obsolescence from stock. It's just good business

believe me, I am not asking any business lesson from you...Just was asking about diff benefits they may get on old stock that others don't get.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018
With all due respect CoreSoftball20, as a long time seller of bats and softball equipment, I'm sure you do remember that DeMarini invented the "gap wall/non-linear" bat technology back in 2013 with the original Flipper SP bat.

Jun 14, 2018

I would have a hard time believing that any of these bats will hold up and not have issues like we have seen out of the Ghost.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I think that used to be the case with the older Eastons, but the Ghost isn't a big difference in feel compared with the CF. Different, but not a lot. (Info based on what I have been told by my 13yo DD.)

I agree they may be closer in weight now, but Demarini still has that really flexible handle up to the CFX. The prism may be different, I haven’t held one yet. Eastons still have a stiff handle, which DD has always preferred.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
With all due respect CoreSoftball20, as a long time seller of bats and softball equipment, I'm sure you do remember that DeMarini invented the "gap wall/non-linear" bat technology back in 2013 with the original Flipper SP bat.

And with all due respect, we aren't talking walls. Gap bats/gap barrel isn't same as double wall/multi wall. Nothing was even said about linear/non linear. And Wilson didn't even develop
the famous DW tech, they bought Ray's company to get it back in the day. You may think its a play on words, but if you rip them apart, they are diff inside.

But great first post, guess someone created another screen name :)

Last edited: