Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I never got the 100% buyback before...pr!cks...hahaha. If I had 300 bats in my store, I had to sell them or eat them when terms came due :)

Ok, to sum it up, Wilson screwed over little dealers (after using them for all the promoting and legwork we did that the big stores don't feel like doing)
for profit and hoping all those customers would then go buy from the big stores and force those customers to spend more. So basically
letting the small stores take care of the customers for years and trying to hand them over to the big stores after they did NO WORK to get them.

Now, back to how terrible it is that a manufacturer would make an ASA only bat :)

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm supposed to have one in my hands to test in a couple of weeks. I'm waiting on a few demos to be returned to Wilson, then I'll get my hands on it.

I'm curious...How are you are able to get your hands on a returned demo of a bat that is only being sold through the Demarini website? That's a pretty close connection to Demaini, it sounds like.

May 23, 2015
Ok, to sum it up, Wilson screwed over little dealers (after using them for all the promoting and legwork we did that the big stores don't feel like doing)
for profit and hoping all those customers would then go buy from the big stores and force those customers to spend more. So basically
letting the small stores take care of the customers for years and trying to hand them over to the big stores after they did NO WORK to get them.

I don't know your exact situation, but I assumed it was just a business move on their end. They have less vendors to supply and their Market is more protected. Again this is just me using my business brain. If you don't protect your Market it will be sold out to the lowest bidder. It's business 101. No one wins when there's a race to the bottom. For years and years you could never pick up a sporting good line if you sold Internet only. Once the economy turned sporting good companies wanted money from wherever they could get it. Once the market picks up they clip the wings of their Loose Ends. I assume that's what happened combined with having employees scouring the internet to find out who's undercutting.

May 23, 2015
In all fairness, you are trying to twist what I said. I do think the Ghost is a better bat then what was out. That's why I said NOW there isn't much room to wiggle..

The ghost is like all of the other premium bats on the market. It's no different now or when it came out.

I'm curious...How are you are able to get your hands on a returned demo of a bat that is only being sold through the Demarini website? That's a pretty close connection to Demaini, it sounds like.

I played ball for a long time and I still know people in the industry. The prism has been around for a little while. Just now it's available to Consumers. For some silly reason they appreciate my opinion

Sep 10, 2017
Southeast US
Nobody said the bat was garbage...I don't even read that anywhere. Just because people choose not to buy something, its ok.
Their continuing pattern of greed causes actions against them...they are big boys, they can handle any backlash from us lowly regular people.
If you are fine with what they do that's ok as well.

All I said, and my main point was the hell and fury Easton got for an ASA only bat, and almost NOTHING when Demarini does it. Plain and simple. Bat may well be good, no
idea. Log on demarini.com and give them 400 bucks and find out. Im sure there are many that will, and then sit around and wonder why they charge
the prices they do for bats. Why...because they can.

Secondly...a rep is not a business owner. Btw, did you run out and buy their products after the large corp screwed you over? I mean, since you been there, done that :)

Def Wonky

Dang.

My been there done that comment was about corporate decisions hurting the little guy. If you’ve worked in corporate America, you’ve seen it. And a rep is a business owner. Not brick and mortar, of course, but in the same sense as he’s selling a product for profit.

I don’t have a stake in the game. If Wilson goes out of business, it won’t affect me in any way. No, I don’t know what you had to deal with. I was speaking more to the bias here against anything Wilson puts out.

With regard to the ASA only, Easton opened that door, and apparently many people wanted the ASA only model enough to buy it. The horse is out of the barn. Personally, we buy all association bats, at least so far.

Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2012
USA
As one becomes older they may forget a few things here and there. I had forgotten about how things shook out awhile back and while I don't claim to know all the details, what took place, etc. etc. I am loyal to many on this site and will always support those I have gotten to know over the softball years. That said, I look forward to seeing how the Prism shakes out and how good it is. BUT, if Core can't sell it, then I am not buying it.

S3

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse