Demarini Prism

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No, just making graphs to make what they are selling look good...happens in every business...haha.

A lot of parents do their homework and really take stats to the next level here...most graphs and whatever else are for the ones that do not :)

Jun 8, 2016
No, just making graphs to make what they are selling look good...happens in every business...haha.

A lot of parents do their homework and really take stats to the next level here...most graphs and whatever else are for the ones that do not :)

But literally that graph is useless as, like I said, if they controlled for everything not related to bat performance it would just be a re-statement of the laws of physics :rolleyes:

May 12, 2016
Bat B was tested on a different day with hurricane force winds blowing in from center field.. That's the only way that graph can be explained

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DeMarini is darned if they do, darned if they don’t on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. Wilson Sports treated a well-respected long-standing member of this forum badly, purely for reasons of profit. This action severely damaged a small business, and lost a very good representative for their products. There are many DFP members who have taken offense to Wilson's actions in this matter, and refuse to purchase their bats as a result.

Jun 19, 2012
Hey I got the LS version of the 400 dollar bat anyone interested it's for those elite hitters.

If it works for 1 everyone else is like lemmings.

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah and now they are going a step further and I think really testing the market to see if they can eventually eliminate all retailers to increase their profit margins. The Prism bat is only sold through demarini.com and costs $432 with free shipping. So they are only one selling it and selling at full retail. If this is successful I bet a lot more will take notice and there could be a change in the marketing and sales approach.

If this is successful the consumer is really going to feel it in the pocketbook going forward. I can say of the 18 bats I have purchased over the last 4 years the most I have paid was roughly 75% of retail, and the retailer and the manufacturer were making money off it at that point.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I never even looked at who was selling it...haha...I hope they do get rid of all/most of their retailers. Their marketing strategies haven't turned out really well yet :)

The consumers don't have to feel anything in their pockets...don't buy it!!! Pretty simple. But you can bet your azz, if this bat doesn't move out of their warehouse, it
will suddenly become available to their retailers...haha

Pigskin...none of that 25% is coming out of Wilson's pocket...that's out of the retailer's. Its not costing Wilson one penny
if the store sells a bat for 350 instead of 400. Bat manufacturers make the same money either way. But maybe Wilson
wants that portion as well.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Correct. Wilson Sports treated a well-respected long-standing member of this forum badly, purely for reasons of profit. This action severely damaged a small business, and lost a very good representative for their products. There are many DFP members who have taken offense to Wilson's actions in this matter, and refuse to purchase their bats as a result.

And worst yet, that person they screwed over used to give a lot of bats away to kids in need and fundraising for charities...that has severely slowed :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles