Demarini Prism feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2014
My DD currently swings 33” 23oz Demarini CF6. Awesome bat but looking for another. She is a strong powerful girl. She has swung the ghost in practice but is not a fan and she hit the ball better and farther with her Demarini. So we are looking for feedback on the Prism.

Oct 5, 2018
Sorry no first hand experience. Generally it doesn't get many glowing rewiews or many comments at all here. I can only pass on what I've read and thoughts. I haven't seen many older stronger girls swinging them and a lot of people say they swing very light maybe even slightly lighter than the regular CFs. So, since your daughter is a "strong powerful girl" may want to see if can try a drop 9. Since coming from a Cf6 that she does well with may also want to consider demoing the new FNX (formerly Insane line) as it has the stiffer connection similar, at least in looks, to the CF6 and is marketed (FWTW) as the power hitter bat in the demarini lineup. Most, not all, of what I've read has been positive on the FNX. Should only swing slightly heavier than the regular CF. Sorry for the rambling, I'm just killing time to the dinner bell. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
My DD currently swings 33” 23oz Demarini CF6. Awesome bat but looking for another. She is a strong powerful girl. She has swung the ghost in practice but is not a fan and she hit the ball better and farther with her Demarini. So we are looking for feedback on the Prism.
We had the first year Prism but it rarely got in game use. Always went back to her cf8 insane. Even tried the original ghost and still went back to CF8. Plus the prism cracked with not a ton of hits on it. Received an FNX in warranty return for the Prism and really never took to it either.

Oct 13, 2017
I generally hit I/O for DD’s team. Over the year I always switch up which kids’ bat I use so I can get a feel for how hot they are. I’ve used Prisms and Ghosts, but the bat that impressed me hands down was the LXT( black and gold -10). IMO Between the Prism and Ghost, neither bat seemed that much better.

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
Not for a power hitter, swings to lite. Maybe a -9 but the -10 is to lite for a power hitter. Daughter has a CF8 -9 33/24 and it is still her goto bat. I had a chance to use all the new bats and the CF8 -9 still has better pop then any of them, and all the bats were broken in. She also had the CF8 -9 32/23 and it was very hot but out grew it, so I picked up her CF8 -9 33/24 before they sold out. The CF ZEN -10 33/23 has good pop and she likes it too. I plan on selling the 33/23 Prism local The CF6 is a great bat as well.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
I suggested the Prisms to my Demarini-loving girl when she needed a bigger bat. My reasoning was, it's pretty. But she ended up choosing the CF Zen and I think she loves it even more than the CF8 she had before.

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks for replies. DDis a power hitter buys likes the balanced feel. That’s why she doesn’t like the ghost. We will look at some more options. Thanks