Demarini Prism feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2019
California
A girl on my daughter's 12U team swings a 2019 Prism, 31" drop 10. She has good success with it, consistently hitting solid line drives to the outfield. I let her borrow some other bats and she performed just as well, if not slightly better, with a 2019 Mizuno Power Carbon, 31" drop 10 (ball flew off the bat faster and on average went about 20-30 feet farther). Balance is slightly heavier than a typical Demarini, right in line with an LXT. The Power Carbon or Carbon 1 are great alternatives to Demarini if you're looking to put a bit more mass behind the ball but still maintaining a balanced feel. My daughter swings both the Carbon 1 and Power Carbon and prefers Mizuno over any other bat. Her go-to bat is the Carbon 1 as it's a hair more balanced and gives her the highest exit speed. It's all about how it feels to them...

Nov 21, 2018
My 11 yo daughter swings a 31 -10 Prism and has loved it since her first swing with it at a bat demo. She was moving up from a 30 -10 CF8, and immediately the ball was traveling 20 - 30 feet farther than with the CF8... Could that be the extra oz, possibly, but the ball flys off the Prism. Either way, the bat increases her confidence, and that's increased her hitting.

We've had the bat since the 3rd week it was released and it has held up well. We haven't used it on very cold mornings. She has a '19 LXT we got during Demarinis bat days sale that we use on the cold days. She still prefers the Prism though.

No matter what, she should swing the bat that makes her the most confident.

Feb 26, 2018
My 13yo DD has been using her Prism since the first week of June and hasn't put it down since. Maybe it just fits her swing better than others. Seems like it took a decent amount of time to open up though, but was still hitting solid line drives out of the wrapper. Another girl on her team has one and after seeing my DD hit with hers, was convinced hers was "broken". So remember ymmv

Mar 12, 2016
Left Coast
I primarily work with strong powerful girls who are age 13 to 18 and all of them swing a stick that is 33" or 34" drop 8 or 9 (again, these are not your average strength girls). Some of these players like to constantly test different bats so I've been able to see the results of different bats with the same swing. My observation is the LXT 33" and 34" drop 9 yielded the most jaw-dropping bombs (240+ feet) of all the bats available to purchase today. Plenty of other bats consistently produce hits up to 220 feet but the LXT has produced the most hits that drew gasps from spectators. No, I don't work for LS. This is just my observation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812