Demarini CF -11 vs Xeno -11

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
So.... is the Dem CF7 -11 worth the coin??? The Indian has worked hard and now needs a new arrow.

Is there a best time a year to buy a bat from a savings money perspective?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you don't care about not having the new bat out...the best time to buy is a month or two after the next model year comes out and buy the previous year model. But you also have to watch, because weights/models also start to dwindle the longer you wait because the stores are trying to move them out fast.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The CF-series has proven to be consistently excellent. Right now, a -11 CF-6 is a great pick...if you can find your DD's size.

Both are great bats. Nothing else in the world of "lighter than -10" bats comes even close to the CF or -11 Xeno.

The Xeno will weigh, like most bats, anywhere from 0.4 - 1.0 oz over the actual sticker. DeMarinis are notoriously light, and will be right at sticker most of the time.

My team has a couple of -11 CFs but no -11 Xenos. We do have several 2015 -10 Xenos, however. The -11 CFs hit with anything else we have in the hands of girls they fit well.

Our other 12U teams have a few -11 Xenos and love them. Ditto their -11 CFs.

Our 10U teams have quite a few -11 Xenos and they have largely replaced what use to be the sole territory of the -11 CF. Just about every new bat being ordered by any of these teams that isn't a -10 is a -11 Xeno. They love the pop.

The Xeno, while advertised as a "balanced" bat, has a bit of an end load when compared to the DeMarini. Please do not take this to mean that it is a true "end-loaded" design like a Rocketech or similar. It is just balanced an ever so tiny bit farther forward than ultra-balanced bats like the CF5/6/7 or LXT.

I honestly can't see how either would be a wrong answer. Both are "big girl" bats that hit with anything on the market and are absolutely lights out in the hands of good hitters who need that little extra bit of lightness to help their bat speed. She may indeed prefer one over the other but without hitting real balls with them and taking some exit speed measurements, it is impossible to know which one that is. You may just want to go on price (Coresoftball can help you out on a Xeno) or on which colors she likes best. Not very scientific but short of demoing both side-by-side, either is probably as good a reason to buy one as any.

Jan 22, 2015
Most bats do run overweight. The Demars are usually very good weight wise and so are the LXT's. The Xeno's usually are about an ounce (give or take) off. I have never seen a 2 ounce diff and I weigh every bat that come into my shop. So I dont believe people should go by this when buying because it could steer them very wrong.

Do you have any 28/17 cf7 sprite bats?

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Both are great bats. Nothing else in the world of "lighter than -10" bats comes even close to the CF or -11 Xeno.

Little Angels - What are your slappers preferring? DD's been coming to the plate with a teammate's Xeno 32/-10 (says it feels good in hand), but I was looking for a 33/-11 something for her. Hearing that the Xeno is overweight, gives me some pause on that one in 33. No luck in past with CF's, so a little gun-shy at this point. Any thoughts?

Little Angels - What are your slappers preferring? DD's been coming to the plate with a teammate's Xeno 32/-10 (says it feels good in hand), but I was looking for a 33/-11 something for her. Hearing that the Xeno is overweight, gives me some pause on that one in 33. No luck in past with CF's, so a little gun-shy at this point. Any thoughts?
My slappers tend to prefer the -10 LXT. It wouldn't bug me at all if they wanted to use a -11 Xeno, though.

Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish