Definition of League roster???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2011
I see it as we submit team rosters into a league and the all the rosters form the league roster. Sematics, I know but am I playing on a technicality.

Refers to my Rec. Dilemma post.

I'm splitting hairs aren't I?

Jul 26, 2010
Varies by organization. For ASA, they are very clear about what a league roster is. Your league will have ASA cards for each kid insured by the ASA with this information on it. I'm not sure about other leagues, I've only experience with ASA at a league level.

-W

Apr 26, 2012
Whats the dilemma? I know in our league there are some girls on rosters that aren't playing. Either they didn't sign up and are on the roster somehow or, the coach signed them up knowing they wouldn't be playing. I think this is crap, especially when we have to play 14.

Jan 18, 2011
I have a B-team, tourny A-teams. I have 11 players, lost 2 last minute. Shoot, i need a player, think 10. Forgot A-rules 9 players. But one girls would miss a game or possible 2, leaving 8. Flyer says, "league roster only, no JO oe All-Star teams." Well, I play a technicality. I use a girl from another team in the league, "league roster player", who is not in tourny. She is 12, plays on 14u-B team. 3 games, pool play. We go 2-1. get 5th seed. Go to Sunday in bracket, play 4th seed, an A-team. Lose 12-0. No one on team conplaimed at least to me. I'm pretty open to them. My commissioner knew what I was doing, ok'd it. Tournament director said nothing. I avoided questions during play, probably wrong thing to do, but hind sight. Now my local org. is on my case for using another player outside my team and talking disiplionary action, really???? Maybe I derserve it, maybe I don't but really disiplinary action, from local fund raising tournament, which we lost. I'm leaving out a lot of details but you get the gist. Yes, pick up player was good pitcher.

Taken from my other post. I was going to be short a player. I had no one to fill in from my org. So I pulled a player from a different but nearby org. same league, same division. Wanted to help my team and at least be able to play, not short handed. I'm currently under reveiw, I guess. Org. board not sure what to do yet.

Need more detail?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez