decent price for used LS XENO 30/20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is not a selling or marketing site.

Threads that get in, besides 1st post, have at it IMO.

Gave Xeno away, purchased a Cf6.

May 6, 2015
ugggghhh. she used the bat at hitting practice, seemed excited when it was handed to her, sounded good, ball popped off bat much more than her current one (Worth eclipse, approx 5 yrs old, 30 inch drop 12, composite, but lower end).

during a break I hand over the money, says it seems great

on our way out she says she doens't like it. complains about the grip tape not being to same spot, so she has issues knowing where to choke up to. doesn't feel right, etc. I offer to retape it, done this for several bats over the years (normally just tape over old tape if not too bad).

bottom line, child does not seem to like change. took me a full season to get her to stop using her old pink Worth $10 walmart bat (she used since she started softball) and transition to "current" bat. wont' transition to her sister's old glove, 1 inch biggeer (says her hands still have room, even though I tell her over and over again that is not how you size a softball glove, her old glove is overbroken in, again, $15 walmart glove, was pretty soft to begin with, and this is her 5th season with it.

how do I get this child to transition to something clearly better, when her real only objection is it is not the same as her old one?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have acedently lost some things for a little while. I do not know who put it in the back of that 10' shelf, I looked all over for it.

May 6, 2015
follow up question, it looks like LS only makes the XENO plus now, what was the last year for the plain XENO?

one tactic I am going to try is to show her the prices for both bats, and try to explain, if there was not something better about the LS XENO, no one would pay that much more for it above the Worth Eclipse (we paid more for the XENO used than we did for the Worth new).

Mar 15, 2017
You could also let her watch a couple college games where the girls are hitting with the Xeno and show her that way as well.

May 20, 2015
ugggghhh. she used the bat at hitting practice, seemed excited when it was handed to her, sounded good, ball popped off bat much more than her current one (Worth eclipse, approx 5 yrs old, 30 inch drop 12, composite, but lower end).

during a break I hand over the money, says it seems great

on our way out she says she doens't like it. complains about the grip tape not being to same spot, so she has issues knowing where to choke up to. doesn't feel right, etc. I offer to retape it, done this for several bats over the years (normally just tape over old tape if not too bad).

bottom line, child does not seem to like change. took me a full season to get her to stop using her old pink Worth $10 walmart bat (she used since she started softball) and transition to "current" bat. wont' transition to her sister's old glove, 1 inch biggeer (says her hands still have room, even though I tell her over and over again that is not how you size a softball glove, her old glove is overbroken in, again, $15 walmart glove, was pretty soft to begin with, and this is her 5th season with it.

how do I get this child to transition to something clearly better, when her real only objection is it is not the same as her old one?

bats break

May 6, 2015
at her first (weather has sucked lately) rec (LL) practice last night, when her time for BP came around, she actually pulled the "new" bat out without prompting, I gave her a big thumbs up. couple of nice hits, one big pop fly, but was really trying too hard. AC throwing BP (I am also an AC, I was in field working with fielders, this is 7/8/9 yr olds, some first time players) was really giving her crap to hit, so she was trying too hard. when I am able to be there, I will offer to throw BP to HC.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00