Dad looking for decent catchers mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2019
I came across this one on ebay. It's new All-Star Pro Fastpitch 33.5 Inch CMW2511 Fastpitch Softball Catcher's Mitt. Its 75 bucks. Anyone know this mitt? Is it good or junk?

14U DD catcher tried that mitt, but didn’t care for it due to the lack of padding. Very easy to break in because it’s so thin. I personally wouldn’t want to use it at 50+ since I’m lousy at catching at the pocket. I got the CMW3001 and very happy with it. I used to catch for pitching DD using a thumb guard, but don’t need it anymore (with the caveat that she’s only in the 40s).

Jun 19, 2016
Lol. I've heard good things about the rawlings liberty advanced. I was really liking it til I read it had rose gold as a trim. I didnt see any other color options. But the main thing is the price. It's just out of my price range.

My wife wont catch my dd. Shes scared of the ball hitting her shin. I took a shot off my shin tonight. Now I have a black and blue bruise on my left shin. Dd lost her grip on a fastball. The fastball was supposed to be knee high outside. It was close to knee high but it was way inside. Caught me on my left shin pretty good. I just couldn't get my mitt there fast enough. O well. Maybe I need to invest in shin guards next.
I recommend getting all the gear including a cup.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Is there a count down time frame for the OP to step up? Just curious, it’s not like I need a mitt or anything! But it might be fun to cut in line in front of Drew! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802