Dad looking for decent catchers mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
I just got the vinci on my hand. It feels great. I can definitely see why everyone loves this mitt. I cant wait to catch my dd with this high quality mitt.

May 16, 2016
Want a glove that POPS?

This Mitt, by far, has the loudest pop I have ever heard... back when I was using it for lessons at a facility with 5 pitching lanes... When this thing pops... everyone stops what they are doing and looks over... DD loved it... Marucci changed their design, so it's no longer in production, but can probably be found used...

Recently, I upgraded to a custom Rawlings Liberty Advanced, and it has good pop, but nothing like the Marucci... It's still in the garage... maybe I'll pull it out for a lesson this week...

When my DD found out I was buying a custom mitt... I told her I special ordered the whisper edition, and it was the quietest glove on the market... she was not happy! LOL

1615234027269.png

Mar 8, 2021
The Mizuno franchise 34 is easy to break in and my kid loved hers. We did go through 3 of them in her first year of 12u, but they are priced for replacement and I could get her a new one broken in literally overnight. We have switched to the wilson a2000 Aubree munro version and it took me about a week to break in. It offers a lot better thumb protection and my kid thinks it's lighter and just fits and feels better.
Mizuno did change the franchise this year and it's now a black and grey color (ours were the brown and tan) we saw the new one in a store recently and it didn't seem like as good of glove as the models we had.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The Mizuno franchise 34 is easy to break in and my kid loved hers. We did go through 3 of them in her first year of 12u, but they are priced for replacement and I could get her a new one broken in literally overnight. We have switched to the wilson a2000 Aubree munro version and it took me about a week to break in. It offers a lot better thumb protection and my kid thinks it's lighter and just fits and feels better.
Mizuno did change the franchise this year and it's now a black and grey color (ours were the brown and tan) we saw the new one in a store recently and it didn't seem like as good of glove as the models we had.
At roughly $60 a mitt, multiply that by 3 a year, multiply that by 4 years, you get a total expenditure of $720 if you had kept using that mitt. Smart move switching it up to a quality mitt that should last your DD more than several years if maintained properly.

Mar 8, 2021
At roughly $60 a mitt, multiply that by 3 a year, multiply that by 4 years, you get a total expenditure of $720 if you had kept using that mitt. Smart move switching it up to a quality mitt that should last your DD more than several years if maintained properly.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
How dare you coach.....using math and common sense in a glove thread! :rolleyes:

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
How dare you coach.....using math and common sense in a glove thread! :rolleyes:
Any smart life partner justifies their costly expenditures this way...especially when it's something we want versus need. Sometimes you may get lucky and use the excuse, "But honey, DD needs it." The pitfall comes when it's an adult glove and DD is 9 YO. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Any smart life partner justifies their costly expenditures this way...especially when it's something we want versus need. Sometimes you may get lucky and use the excuse, "But honey, DD needs it." The pitfall comes when it's an adult glove and DD is 9 YO. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
In my eyes sir, this is the post of a super hero, very well done!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom