DDs website

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 8, 2015
I have made a website for DD, as well as stats (which I keep up to date), personal info etc. I have also included social media feeds. My intention is to have a site where college coaches could visit and gather all the information they could possible want. Since doing this, several members of her travel team have asked me to do one for them, I'm slowly working my way through those requests.

My question is 2 fold. A: Is a site like this worth it? B: Is there a way to bring the site to the attention of college coaches, other than including a link on emails?

here is the website if you are interested in having a look Grace Perechinsky, softball player

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I have made a website for DD, as well as stats (which I keep up to date), personal info etc. I have also included social media feeds. My intention is to have a site where college coaches could visit and gather all the information they could possible want. Since doing this, several members of her travel team have asked me to do one for them, I'm slowly working my way through those requests.

My question is 2 fold. A: Is a site like this worth it? B: Is there a way to bring the site to the attention of college coaches, other than including a link on emails?

here is the website if you are interested in having a look Grace Perechinsky, softball player

Very nice website!! However, there is a LOT of personal information that I would be hesitant to share on a forum such as this (too many trolls).

A suggestion - make post cards with that picture (on homepage) and web address on front with a thank you note on back to give to college coaches who come see her play.

For sharing with coaches, add the weblink to their profile on team profile sheets. Not sure how else you can share it.

Apr 14, 2011
I like it. Not sure there is a way to bring college coaches to it other than emails or on her profile... college coaches typically just don't look at random websites/pages for players unless they are interested.

I tried googling her name to see if the website popped up but I didnt see it. I'd try to get it higher in the search ranking somehow. Not sure how exactly to do that but the hosting service might be able to help with that.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My experience has been that a YouTube link is fast for college coaches to access and so, maybe they will try the link. Anything that demands too much effort and I just don't think that many will take the time to look the site up.

Jan 8, 2013
Sharpsburg, Ga
There is a great site that you can set up a softball profile, has contact info for every college in the US (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, JC)
They offer individual profiles, or a big discount for team profiles.
In GA, They are the exclusive site for: Atlanta Vipers, Ga Impact, Ga Power, Atlanta Premier, Ga Fire, many others..

TPN Recruiting > Home
Eric ABernathy, President
email: timberrattler101@aol.com

Disclosure: My daughter's team has used TPN for several years, and we really like the service.
My daughter is a Junior, and this has helped her recruiting tremendously !

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I'll throw this out as well. If I were to make a website for my dd, and I wouldn't, I'd make sure that everything on that site was representative of her best efforts. Meaning, every swing posted, every catch posted, ... I'd also make sure that that site is up to date. I know of one player's parents who set up a website for her. In the end, imo, it was a debacle.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would skip the website and spend your time and money putting together a great skills video. College coaches are looking for the best players for their team, not the one with the most marketing....

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I think you did a really nice job- but it could be simplified-

Maybe put skills video right there on the face page so they can open it without having to take the step of clicking another link- also on the face page- I'd have some key info like POP time, overhand throw speed and one or two key batting stats to catch their attention- then once you have it, they are more likely to look at the rest of it.