DD went yard tonight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Held a friendly with a cross town all star team. Their #1 pitcher was in and threw my DD a chest high FB on a 2-2 count. Never a doubt. Ball was still on upward trajectory when it went over the left field fence at about 190'. I worked it out and that HR only cost me $180 (9 hitting lessons @ $20 per). Worth every cent.

Feb 9, 2009
Held a friendly with a cross town all star team. Their #1 pitcher was in and threw my DD a chest high FB on a 2-2 count. Never a doubt. Ball was still on upward trajectory when it went over the left field fence at about 190'. I worked it out and that HR only cost me $180 (9 hitting lessons @ $20 per). Worth every cent.

That is sweet!

Mar 15, 2010
$20 hitting lessons! its a little more than double that here!

congrats!

Her HC is a senior at one of our local colleges and coaching younger players is her passion, the money is secondary. Honestly with SoCal gas prices she makes probably only clears $10 - $15 at most considering she has a 40 mile round trip.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Nice hit. Sounds like a good investment. Around here the big cheese hitting coach gets 350 for 5 one hour lessons or 80 per individually. DD is a solid contact hitter but I'd like to see here with a little more power. Maybe I'm spending too much.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Her first? I got a friend that dips car rims to chrome them. Dipped our first HR ball at 11, got it over the fireplace. Sometimes I pull it down and sleep with it under my pillow. :)

Anyway congrads!!!

Mar 15, 2010
Her first? I got a friend that dips car rims to chrome them. Dipped our first HR ball at 11, got it over the fireplace. Sometimes I pull it down and sleep with it under my pillow. :)

Anyway congrads!!!

First over the fence. Many "inside" the park HR in rec ball. Usually when the defense played chase the runner and I don't count those.

Mar 15, 2010
Nice hit. Sounds like a good investment. Around here the big cheese hitting coach gets 350 for 5 one hour lessons or 80 per individually. DD is a solid contact hitter but I'd like to see here with a little more power. Maybe I'm spending too much.

My town has one of those. Former major leaguer. Charges about the same. Took my DD to him but she and him never clicked. Was at the local batting cage and saw a handwritten ad offering lessons for $20 per 30 min. Figured what the heck, best investment in a coach I have ever made. DD and her HC clicked from day one and DD works her tail off trying to impress her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck