First time playing a true 18u team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
My DD and her team moved up to 16/18u last weekend. The team is all 14u basically with the exception of my DD at 15. They moved up to 16u and started their season last weekend. Around here USSSA is mostly "HS" group so 16u and 18u all play together. Yesterday they finished their way through pool play as the #4 seed and ended up playing the #1 seed after winning their first game against another pretty good team. This would be a true 18u team. It was interesting to see how polished they were, a pretty good team from the looks of it. The pitcher was good. Not overpowering, but could hit her spots well and had one of the best changeups I've seen. Very deceptive. Exactly what I've been wanting my DD to see. The previous game's pitcher threw harder, but I still considered this young lady a better pitcher. She got my DD to ground out with that changeup in her first AB. Then in the next AB my DD worked her to 3 and 1. Two straight changeups, one for a strike, inside and outside FB missing their spots. Hitter's count! 2 run opposing field HR for the go ahead. Next AB she proceeds to do it again! Fastball inside missed the mark, then she threw something that wasn't her cu and she made quite the mistake, sending it right down the middle. Ball went somewhere around 280, the outter fence is 300. They won 6-3, 4 RBIs from my DD. The girls were truly into that game and really wanted to win. They've never been that excited about my DD's home runs before and they were so amped. Was a great night!

Sadly, today was rained out. I don't think the team could have been stopped after yesterday. Was really looking forward to today.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812