DD wants a softball-themed bedroom makeover

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
I need help, yet again. The other day, our daughter told her mom that she wanted a bedroom (and toy room!) makeover with an all-sports theme. Mojo then told me all about it while leaving a minor-league baseball game. She wants to put all but one Barbie in a box, and then dress that one up like a ball player. She wants to take down all but one of the owl pairs, too. I'm a fan of the owls myself, but she wants bats, balls, glove, racquets, trophies, etc. to replace them.

I don't think I'll be able to do anything before summer when she goes to visit her grandparents, but I'm looking for any ideas to help me get started. I'm thinking of trying to locate a local mural artist to do a game image on one of the walls and will build a small trophy shelf as well, but wondered what some of you may have done for your kids in the past.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
If you can find softball print fabric, a valance over the curtain rod is pretty easy to build and cover. This guy's are fancier, but you can just wrap the fabric over top and bottom and staple on the back.
How to build a fabric covered window valance Video

Curtains are pretty easy, but you'll need a sewing machine jockey.

Can just two-tone the walls to suggest the fence and sky/stands/background, with a wide yellow stripe for the top of the fence.

Dec 28, 2008
Here is a shot of the room I use for my batting instruction. Walls are optic yellow and I drew huge softballs overlapped all over the wall. Valances are made with softball fabric. Clock is from ASA.

Attachments

• Cage2.jpg
    Cage2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
My DD wanted a SB room also, so we did it for Christmas. She was in the spare BR for a month. My wife framed all her old jerseys from 4 yrs old and up and I hung them on the walls. I also built shelves all the way around the room above the windows, and down one wall, for pictures, trophies, plaques, hats, helmets, bats, and anything else softball related. She loves looking at all the things from when she first started and her room is kind of like a giant scrap book of her softball journey.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd did this at an early age. Get a cork board or something similar and put up pictures of her team as well as your dd. Cut out pics of the top fast pitch players from various publications and make a mosaic of them. We were fortunate to contact a local sporting goods store that had a life size display of Jenny Finch and so, when that promotion ended, we picked it up and it is in my child's room now. On my dd's door are pieces of advice from her coaches. One is, "Remember, there are band aid players in college. Don't you plan on being a bandaid." (Meaning, don't be a player that they recruited to fill a void where they have a better player committed the following year.)

As parents we told our dd that we support her desires BUT there is a point where there is over kill. So, we have told her no on some of her ideas but not many. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck