DD might have played her last game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Grrrrrr. We (everyone involved in youth sports) should stop putting (or letting them put themselves) these coaches up on pedestals...they should not get away with this holier than thou attitude. Don't get me wrong, a good coach should have authority and respect without someone challenging and second guessing their every move but they need to be accountable, respectful and ethical (amongst other fine qualities)...at the very least.

Aug 12, 2014
We were at a wedding over the weekend and my wife was talking to someone that has a daughter who plays at another HS in the conference. She said our coach has a very big reputation for being an a-hole.

Last week we went to watch some of DD's old teammates who play for a different HS, and their parents all talked about how awesome their coach is and how much the girls love playing there. I'm really happy for them but sad for DD.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
It blows my mind how some coaches will talk to their players. I remember when my DD was a freshman in high school. Her team was playing another local team. And several of the girls on the other team were on my travel team, so I knew quite a few of the players. One of my players was playing 3b at the time. It was getting late in the game and DD's team was down by 4 or 5 runs. They managed to get a couple of baserunners and one of DDs teammates hit a hard smash down the third base line. It got by 3b and a couple of runs scored. The next hitter got a double and another run scored. All of a sudden DDs team is down by 1 with a runner on 2nd. Opposing coach comes out of the dugout to have a meeting with the pitcher and catcher. The rest of the infield stayed in their positions. After the discussion was over, the coach turned to look at the 3b, pointed at her, and loudly stated "If we lose this game, it is your fault". I was in my normal spot leaning against the fence in left field and could hear it plain as day. I would have loved to have words with that coach after the game, but I kept my cool. I did make it a point to speak with my player who was an absolute mess at that point. She finished the season and then quit high school softball before the next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00