DD may not be catching? Just a ramble...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I'd speak up if there are coaches coming to watch her but your coach should be out there asking them what they are looking for and substitute accordingly.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Now I am confused...shouldn't the TB coaches be advertising for outfielders? IMHO they shouldn't be grabbing straws at what they do have...it isn't fair to the girls who have worked so hard in the positions they are in now. From what you said, your DD has primarily played 3B and C, right? It's time to have a heart to heart with the coaches...don't want their decisions having a detrimental impact on her showcase. However, I will say that I think that college coaches/scouts will request what positions they want to see them in...that has been our experience.

Oct 10, 2011
Now I am confused...shouldn't the TB coaches be advertising for outfielders? IMHO they shouldn't be grabbing straws at what they do have...it isn't fair to the girls who have worked so hard in the positions they are in now. From what you said, your DD has primarily played 3B and C, right? It's time to have a heart to heart with the coaches...don't want their decisions having a detrimental impact on her showcase. However, I will say that I think that college coaches/scouts will request what positions they want to see them in...that has been our experience.
I talked with the head coach and he said he would play her wherever a coach wanted to see her at, But...
He said, she is much more versatile then the other three catchers (2 of the catchers age out this summer). He sits the catchers at least one game a day, and he does not want to sit DD at all. He mentioned he would not play her at catcher and then put her on the "hot corner" after being worn down. He's also brought in a few new players but DD tracks better then them and has a stronger arm and that if a college coach talked to him, he would tell them not to count her out in the outfield because of her build...they might be surprised. Another thing is that he said that her hitting is going great, so he wouldn't want to mess with anything right now. I did talk to a college coach that is a friend of mine about everything and he basically said, he's one of the best TB coaches around...he knows what he's doing.
I also talked to Chaz about this and he said it isn't uncommon for coaches to do this and even though he doesn't agree, 2 of his best catchers see very little catching time because of other positions (correct me if I'm wrong about this Chaz).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog