DD is back!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Sorry to be obnoxious but I feel the need to share this with the softball community. DD is 13. Last September she was diagnosed with two stress fractures in her back. 30 days of no activity (and I mean NO activity) followed. Then 30days of very modest physical therapy. Then 30 days of a bit more strenuous physical therapy. Then she transitioned out of physical therapy into a type of transitional fitness program with a personal trainer. Over time, slowy she was cleared for more and more softball activity. When she couldn't do anything, she still met with her coach 3 times a week for "vision training" exercises (highly recommended) and strategy sessions. Then she was cleared to throw, but not hit. Then she could hit but not slide or bat in games. And then finally, tonight, having had this day circled on our calendar for months, she was finally cleared to play with no restrictions for her team's last two winter dome ball games. And she hit two triples and a double. Her one out was a screaming line drive that the ss caught. Two weeks ago at practice her coach timed the overhand throws of all the girls, making a bit of a competition out of it, and DD won with a team best 61mph (her previous personal best had been 59). She's back, and, truly, better than ever. We were blessed with a great doctor, a great physical therapist, and a great trainer. But most of all we were blessed with a great kid. Love you, 29!!!

Dec 7, 2011
I got a DD that conquered debilitating injury from last year too. I thank god for the chance to have DD go through this life-learning to : 1. fight to "get it back" and, 2. in the process learn additional respect for the sports body.

Congrads.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45