Dd hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Pretty nice swing.
2 things I would do
Tracking - look at where pitcher would be and track back to tee with eyes
Shorten the stance 2-4 inches for better hip drive

SL

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2012
We do look where pitcher would be kind of edited it out when I recorded it. Will try a little shorter stance that was close to what Howard had her at but willing to try anything. Thanks for help.

Jan 2, 2012
1.5 times her shoulders i believe. I just asked her we have it marked on her bat so we will practice with it a little more. Hs all most over I will get a hold of you to come over for a lesson before tb starts thanks.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
1.5 times her shoulders i believe. I just asked her we have it marked on her bat so we will practice with it a little more. Hs all most over I will get a hold of you to come over for a lesson before tb starts thanks.

+ or minus 2 inches on top of the 1.5

Did you ever get to see Howard?

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
She essentially coils in her stance. Then as soon as she picks up her front foot she opens her front side and looses her coil. The correct sequence is to coil during her stride. This is an absolute to a high level swing. She looks to be very big and strong, so I'm sure she can hit it over a 200' foot fence doing what she's doing. She will unquestionably hit more balls harder if she learns to coil at the correct time, and learns to hold the coil until she launches her swing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Wellphyt ... yes, she is using her rear leg prematurely in what could have been a nice fwd-by-coil type action, but it is out of sequence. When I viewed the swing my first thought was that the kid knows what to do ... that she is actually trying to do the right thing, ... but she may be having the mechanics instructed out of her.

Nov 29, 2011
Awesome swing at this age or any age for that matter. A closer look shows that she does coil the hip early, releases it, but reloads the hip at toe touch. Every so slight adjustments could be made to the timing of spearating the hands as she coils into toe touch, but my advice is dont touch this swing right now, its awesome! Get her to replicate this swing doing front toss, then live pitching, then give me a call so I can get her on my team :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom