DD feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 28, 2014
Want to teach turn the barrel but it's been disastrous and she's been raking. Missed this one, but has hit four OTF and batting .700 in 14U this season and she's turning 13 next month. Know we need to make changes, but when so not to mess her up.

The father as the teacher has been really difficult. She understands I want the bat turning sooner but getting there is hard. Especially with tee work. Can't stop the over loading.

https://youtu.be/SmoaJUd6eLc

Sep 29, 2014
Not sure about messing too much with someone hitting .700 with 4 HRs just turning 13. Especially after looking at her swing, I could nit pick but there is not much wrong at all. Seems like she just missed on a slightly high and inside pitch but overall the basics are there. I'm not to worried about overloading she never gets her upper half or weight past her knee and she is applying good pressure on inside of her foot. It looks bad because the leg kick is high but as long as she does not transfer weight beyond the back knee she should be OK and at that point she is using it for timing and you don't want to mess that up. Other thing I would do is make sure she gets some chances against high quality pitching just hope she is not racking up stats because the competition is low.

I'll let other chime in.

Dec 28, 2014
She's playing Florida usssa and nsa. Competition is Hit or miss depending on the week. This includes 16u this time of year. She hit one out on a sophomore in HS throwing upper 50's on one of the better teams in the state. Playing ASA this summer.

thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207