DD committs to William Jewell College

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
William Jewell Logo 2.jpg

My 2015 DD is very excited and proud to annouce, that she has verbally committed to William Jewell College, located in Liberty, MO (which is only 30 minutes away from where we live in LSMO). It is a very prestigious private institution and has a great NCAA Division II softball program....they will have four of our TB club (The Originals) players on the roster by then (2 on 18Gold and 2 on our 16A team...possible more). Our family is really excited we will get to see her play in college quite a bit....but we are especially thankful that her future is in a more secure state now....

William Jewell College Athletics

I want to thank all the contributors to this forum, in which I have learned a great deal while lurking and participating in some of the threads. The many shared experiences with the whole girls softball recruiting process has really helped and gained us insight for sure....thanks to everyone again. Go Cardinals!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
PDiddy, she will just have missed my dd. My dd plays at UMSL. William Jewell and UMSL have had some great games this year. UMSL just won the GLVC Conference Tournament and did so by beating Quincy, William Jewell, Indianapolis (#1 in the Nation) and Lewis for the title. You are right, William Jewell is a fine school and a very good softball program. (32-15 for this year!)

Apr 11, 2012
PDiddy, she will just have missed my dd. My dd plays at UMSL. William Jewell and UMSL have had some great games this year. UMSL just won the GLVC Conference Tournament and did so by beating Quincy, William Jewell, Indianapolis (#1 in the Nation) and Lewis for the title. You are right, William Jewell is a fine school and a very good softball program. (32-15 for this year!)

Thank you....They were very dissappointed about not getting in the NCAA DII Tournament....especially when Southern Indiana got in with not as good of a record and not as good of a conference finish....but 5 teams in the tournament from the GLVC Conference is strong...

UMSL is a great team and congrats on the tournament crown and good luck in the tournament....

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Pdiddy, I too was surprised that William Jewell did not get a bid. Two years ago, UMSL had a great team/record and did not get an invite. They were told that they would have to improve their schedule. So, this year, they really improved their schedule. By playing in the NFCA Tournament in Arizona, they played several nationally ranked teams and beat the then #1 team (at that time) in the nation. They played in Alabama in a tournament and again beat an top 15 ranked team. Of their 11 losses, at least 5 have been to nationally ranked teams. In looking at William Jewell's schedule, I noticed that they still played in an NAIA Tournament in Conway, Arkansas. I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not but I think William Jewell would be wise to enter some of the tournaments in Alabama, Arkansas or Florida that are NCAA dominant. JMHO!

Apr 11, 2012
Pdiddy, I too was surprised that William Jewell did not get a bid. Two years ago, UMSL had a great team/record and did not get an invite. They were told that they would have to improve their schedule. So, this year, they really improved their schedule. By playing in the NFCA Tournament in Arizona, they played several nationally ranked teams and beat the then #1 team (at that time) in the nation. They played in Alabama in a tournament and again beat an top 15 ranked team. Of their 11 losses, at least 5 have been to nationally ranked teams. In looking at William Jewell's schedule, I noticed that they still played in an NAIA Tournament in Conway, Arkansas. I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not but I think William Jewell would be wise to enter some of the tournaments in Alabama, Arkansas or Florida that are NCAA dominant. JMHO!

that's good information and I will pass it on to the coaching staff....thank you for your input and advice....

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Pdiddy, I hope that they don't take my comments as criticism so please keep that in mind. Also, I am not an expert and so, am only giving an opinion. The fact is, I have the upmost respect for that coaching staff. My dd thinks the world of the 1st base coach who is a good man. dd was having a bad time with injuries etc. when we played down there and he made her laugh. I had not seen her laugh in some time and it was heart warming. The head coach runs a great program and the kids seem to have a lot of fun playing for him. So, again, I hope that they don't take my comments in a negative light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi