Daughters batting Progress

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
That's great! Would hate to see your DD working hard on the mechanics only to have them broken down because you weren't delivering the ball in a realistic type fashion. Keep up the great work! I think your DD is going to be a good little ball player :). Nice to see you working with her and building memories as well.

Thanks, she is the one putting in the work not me! I'm also looking forward to the memories.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_pf80q63pgF1usf292o1_250.gif

tumblr_pf80sh0xxJ1usf292o1_250.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks for short clips of my daughter's swing. As I was mentioning earlier I believe she is trying to combine the gather and stride together. Instead of gather to stride/separation. She had a game last night in which she was doing what you see in the clips you made. It made her timing severely off. It's a habit that will take time to break.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for short clips of my daughter's swing. As I was mentioning earlier I believe she is trying to combine the gather and stride together. Instead of gather to stride/separation. She had a game last night in which she was doing what you see in the clips you made. It made her timing severely off. It's a habit that will take time to break.

Do LOTS of work with front toss to help with learning about timing. For times when I didn't have a field and a screen to stand behind for real softball, I used Mojo Balls (also called Anywhere Balls) very frequently. They're a smaller target, they fly better than wiffles, and they don't sting when DD drills you with one.

EDIT: Mojo/Anywhere balls can also be used indoors! Seriously. My DD has done hitting work in our living room. :)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Do LOTS of work with front toss to help with learning about timing. For times when I didn't have a field and a screen to stand behind for real softball, I used Mojo Balls (also called Anywhere Balls) very frequently. They're a smaller target, they fly better than wiffles, and they don't sting when DD drills you with one.
Thanks

Oct 2, 2017

EDIT: Mojo/Anywhere balls can also be used indoors! Seriously. My DD has done hitting work in our living room. :)

We have done that in our Den. One time me and her were having a little hitting competition in the den, needless to say the glass ceiling fan light cover didn't last long!:p What did I do when the wife came in and asked what happened? I did what any sane dad would do, blame it on the kid in the room LOL

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

How well do these balls hold up? I have a handful of those cloth-covered Incrediballs. They're great for working with younger players on how to catch, but they fall apart fairly quickly if doing indoor hitting. Looking for something a little more durable for front toss in the school gym. I use wiffles wrapped in duct tape now, but these Anywhere balls seem like they might simulate an actual ball a little better.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
How well do these balls hold up? I have a handful of those cloth-covered Incrediballs. They're great for working with younger players on how to catch, but they fall apart fairly quickly if doing indoor hitting. Looking for something a little more durable for front toss in the school gym. I use wiffles wrapped in duct tape now, but these Anywhere balls seem like they might simulate an actual ball a little better.

I've had mine for a few years. They don't get a lot of use for hitting these days, but they were used pretty regularly for a while. Every one of them is still in good shape. They fly about as far as a wiffle when you square it up. I also use them for bare-hand receiving drills with catchers.

Jun 8, 2016
I've had mine for a few years. They don't get a lot of use for hitting these days, but they were used pretty regularly for a while. Every one of them is still in good shape. They fly about as far as a wiffle when you square it up. I also use them for bare-hand receiving drills with catchers.

You have been raving about these for a while on here and you've almost convinced me to abandon my wiffles and buy a few dozen...:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles