daughter pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I think she has very good mechanics. However as stated before her arm circle is off. This will cause arms problems in the future. Ideally you would like the arm to go over the the nose as a point to look for as a catcher to ensure the arm is in correct plain. This will keep the rotator cuff in the ideal circular motion and not cause soreness or possible harm to the cuff. Also make sure there is a little bend in the elbow to maintain the flexibility in the arm. Good luck in her future endeavors.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Very nice. I understand the tiny step forward, when on a mat. It is why I don't like practicing indoors. Someone needs to come up with dirt lanes for the girls to practice in.

She should be able to pitch all day, with her re-laxed demeanor and motion. Do you have an accurate read on what she can throw, at her highest?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Looks good! As previously mentioned, watch out for her stepping back and losing contact with the rubber.

left turn

It's fun being a dad!
Sep 20, 2011
NJ
She cannot pick the pivot foot up and set it back down. It is illegal in all sanctioning bodies with the exception of NCAA. And even there it cannot move forward if it is lifted.

I have pointed this out to umpires in 3 different tourneys this year. It was never called even though it was blatant. Regardless she still needs to be legal.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
she looks amazing !!! i hope she is throwing 66,she obviously works hard !!! sometimes it's not bragging? sometimes it just a kid that works very hard? and people should say nothing more than "great job"... GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez