D2 Official Visit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
They will try to sell you on the school. So, they (the coach and the players) will talk about how wonderful life is at the school, and how great it is to play softball there. The workout will probably be basic stuff...like throwing or hitting. They will want to know your skill level for the particular position.

All of that is more or irrelevant. You can't control what they do. *YOU* need to be look at the school and team and determine how *YOU* fit in. They are only going to be showing you the positive side. Trust me, there are negatives. You should try to find those negatives and understand what they are and how you feel about them.

The most important thing is your education, not softball. Does the school really fit your goals? Can you see yourself there in the months between softball?

Sep 25, 2012
Thank you for your answer. It is very helpful! Assuming the school seems to be a fit, any suggestions on how to find the negatives? Or questions I should be sure to ask?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Thank you for your answer. It is very helpful! Assuming the school seems to be a fit, any suggestions on how to find the negatives? Or questions I should be sure to ask?

Yeah, talk to the players. On the visit, you will have a lot of time to spend with the players. At my dd's D-II school, typically someone is assigned to show the player around and then that recruit spends the majority of the day with team members in some capacity. Ask a few questions and listen for what else is being said. You'll learn a lot.

We ask each of our daughters this: "If you went to school here and got injured and could not play ball, is this a school that you would want to stay at to finish your degree?" If you are only there to play ball, you probably will not be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish