D1 Calling

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 23, 2008
My DD spoke with a D1 coach today and the coach said they are going to be allowed starting Aug. 1 to call Juniors once per month.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Congrats!

Before she gets too many stars in her eyes, have a *serious* discussion with her about what she is going to do after softball.

Her softball career seems to be set. So, start talking to her more about school and careers and less about softball.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Good advice Ray. Also talk with her about weather she wants to be an impact player as a freshman or a bench warmer.

At 13 and 14, my DD had the goal of playing for either PAC 10 or SEC only. This has been awesome for her because it has helped her stay focused on improving and being the absolute best softball pitcher she is capable of being.

Now at 15 and an incoming Junior, we (her parents and PC) have been focusing on discussing her future, talking about college academics, college softball and what comes after softball. She has expanded her options to include pretty much any successful college program (still wanting to play at the highest level of softball possible). Last night she got an email from a DIII coach that saw her at the fireworks pitching camp and she can't wait until today to call her back.

As far as DI (and DII?) coaches being able to call a Junior before July 1? I am torn weather I am OK with that or not...

May 7, 2008
Tucson
A good friend of mine, told me that he had to be quiet about who was calling his daughter, due to jealousy among people that he thought were his friends. He decided just to keep the recruiting process confidential. Then, he noticed people starting to tell recruiting stories about their daughters that he knew wasn't true. Good luck to your DD. What position does she play?

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2008
She was just doing her weekly calling of the schools she is interested in and was told the new Aug. 1st rule and was wondering if anyone else had heard it. I think she said its because baseball already has this in place so they are going to let softball as we

Oct 14, 2008
A good friend of mine, told me that he had to be quiet about who was calling his daughter, due to jealousy among people that he thought were his friends. He decided just to keep the recruiting process confidential. Then, he noticed people starting to tell recruiting stories about their daughters that he knew wasn't true. Good luck to your DD. What position does she play?

You are correct there, we went thru it ourselves. Recruiting is tough enough without petty parental stuff on top of it.

Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck