D.F.P. Says to Discuss Friday check in! 8/14/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Tryouts for my team are done! Just got off the phone the parents that were offered...check! Already looking forward to gettin' this thing fired back up!

DD1 signed last night with her team of choice (new team)...check!

I'm helping run tryouts for the rest of the age groups tonight...

8 year old DD is trying out tonight and has another one with a different organization tomorrow...hoping she makes it somewhere...if for nothing else, she's having a blast trying out.

Supposed to be hot here this weekend so beer, BBQ and laying in my 84* pool is also on the agenda...CP

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Seems that beer, BBQ, and pool lounging are favorite activities of softball dads around the country. Hmmmmmmm. All Big League Dreams needs is a pool at each park like the one at Chase Field. Maybe a cold-water trout stream, too.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
First weekend in a long time with no games, no practice and no tryouts. Both DD's made the teams they wanted to be on and formal practices start on Wednesday. Got to get our batting coach re-scheduled around the new practices, but for this weekend lazy bliss.

Jun 12, 2015
Both my daughters have started practicing, one in travel softball, one in rec baseball. They practice at the same times, twice a week. Kind of crazy. Both have practice Sunday afternoon. That's it for us.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Leaving tomorrow morning to go scuba diving for a week with the family. Both kids are getting certified at 'scuba camp' while the DW and I will be off diving elsewhere.

Going to be fun. Got a new camera set up to play with under water (I used to be a serious photographer)

Should see lots of turtles and sharks...

20080901_9915.jpg

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Leaving tomorrow morning to go scuba diving for a week with the family. Both kids are getting certified at 'scuba camp' while the DW and I will be off diving elsewhere.

Going to be fun. Got a new camera set up to play with under water (I used to be a serious photographer)

20080901_9915.jpg

post more pics!!

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Thunder, lightning and a bunch of rain coming down so were heading inside today to get her pitching practice in. Hoping it passes soon so she can get her outside hitting in tonight. Back to summer weather for the weekend so we'll hit the batting cage a couple times.

TB team practice starts next weekend and everyone is really excited to watch this group of girls play this fall. Her team is stronger top to bottom than last years A team that made it to the championship game in every tournament they played in.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

20080901_9915.jpg

That is a great image.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 is on a new team. Two kids from her old team switched a year ago, and the team took 4 kids from her old team this year. That means 6 of the 11 kids on the team were from her old team, which grew out of a LL all-star team. A 7th girl on the team was also once on a LL team with DD 3.

I feel bad for her old team. The coaches were great people and so were their DDs. Lots of great girls on the old team.

I really hope the coach for the new team is as good as everyone says.

Thing is, DD 3 was out of town, didn't go to tryouts. She's pitched against her new team, and lots of scouting reports from players and parents. Coach says that's enough. No tryout needed.

The new team already has a stud pitcher, so the coach says now they have 2 great pitchers. The best relief pitcher from the old team is now the best relief pitcher for the new team.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06