Custom glove experiences??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2019
If you’re thinking custom, I’d still take a look at a Marucci custom Cypress baseball glove! I’m a huge fan of a 12” glove at both P & SS, but in your DD’s case with her being so used to a massive glove I’d definitely lean towards a 12.25”.

And also one of the guys here said the 12” Cypress was a little on the small side.
You can also customize the Magnolia, it's a nice glove (you can pick from about 10 different we styles and a lot of colors). DD uses one as her primary catchers glove and loves it. Her's us a custom (we got in on that smoking ng deal they had last fall). I actually went and got myself a custom Oxbow and love it so far. DD will eventually get a new customer Magnolia for when she's at 3rd (uses an MVP prime right now.) Marucci makes nice gloves period.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2019
Have you thought about building her a custom Marucci baseball glove?
Not really, once I saw she can get a h-web in a Cypress. Her catchers glove fits her hand well. Not really sure what the advantage would be other than difference in leather.

The price point is about right with the Cypress not looking to break the bank. Not sure why so many fastpitch gloves come with a basket web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Not really, once I saw she can get a h-web in a Cypress. Her catchers glove fits her hand well. Not really sure what the advantage would be other than difference in leather.

The price point is about right with the Cypress not looking to break the bank. Not sure why so many fastpitch gloves come with a basket web.

Wait….you do realize the Cypress series is a baseball glove, right? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Mar 20, 2019
Wait….you do realize the Cypress series is a baseball glove, right? Or am I misunderstanding you?
Sorry I meant the Magnolia, I get my southern trees confused sometimes. She also has a Palmetto 1st base glove but it doesn't get much use (third position)

Jan 16, 2020
Sorry I didn't see this thread when it was new. I ordered DD a Marucci Custom Oxbow last year. She is an outfielder, uses TIP / shift. Went 12.75 full trap web. She LOVES it. I will say that it hasn't held up as good as I hoped it would, but it has gotten used 2-3 practices a week, 25 travel tournaments, and school ball spring and fall. Nothing broke or worn out yet, but you can see wear on outside shell. Have since ordered a Gloveworks, that seems sturdy, but it is still in break in process, because she likes the Marucci so much. She has already said she wanted another one.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry I didn't see this thread when it was new. I ordered DD a Marucci Custom Oxbow last year. She is an outfielder, uses TIP / shift. Went 12.75 full trap web. She LOVES it. I will say that it hasn't held up as good as I hoped it would, but it has gotten used 2-3 practices a week, 25 travel tournaments, and school ball spring and fall. Nothing broke or worn out yet, but you can see wear on outside shell. Have since ordered a Gloveworks, that seems sturdy, but it is still in break in process, because she likes the Marucci so much. She has already said she wanted another one.
Let’s see the Gloveworks please.

Jan 16, 2020
Let’s see the Gloveworks please.
It's at " Glovewhispererperformance " going through his break in process (he actually called me a couple of hours ago to discuss details). I figured since this one wasn't her favorite, it was a good candidate to try the process out. The Gloveworks comes too stiff for my liking, @ANNASDAD would probably love it. When I get it back next week, I'll post pics and the results

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad