Curt Schilling - really????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Right there should stop the critics. He asked to do it. I wish 10 guys of his stature would ask to do games during regionals and the supers. The guy said here and on the air about these girls being world class athletes. No one else is saying that and when they do it's an ex softball player and what else would she say. The more I think about it the more credibility he gives to softball by wanting to announce it.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
Right there should stop the critics. He asked to do it. I wish 10 guys of his stature would ask to do games during regionals and the supers. The guy said here and on the air about these girls being world class athletes. No one else is saying that and when they do it's an ex softball player and what else would she say. The more I think about it the more credibility he gives to softball by wanting to announce it.

That's all well and good..........but it's Curt Schilling. It would be like saying "Woohoo, Joe Morgan wants to do softball!" I mean, have you heard Joe Morgan?

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I enjoyed him. Can you imagine how it would have been with Steven A Smith doing the series. Hearing about Spike Lee sitting behind third base dugout every game? Hopefully next year they will pair Schilling with Lewis Black and we will get to the bottom of the umpiring selection process.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009

So softball has now gained creditability because a baseball player endorsed it? Got it!

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Did anyone make mention in this thread that Jessica Mendoza and Kaylee Hartung are sideline reporters for the College World Series? It's the fourth time that Mendoza has done it. What's that about?

Dec 7, 2011
Did anyone make mention in this thread that Jessica Mendoza and Kaylee Hartung are sideline reporters for the College World Series? It's the fourth time that Mendoza has done it. What's that about?

Really - you seriously trying to draw a parallel? Last time Schilling was considered eye-candy was before electricity......