Corona Virus participation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Your Organization doesn't take a cut of your games? We do get $60 a game now ( raise this year). So leave the game with $54 not too bad, but we get a W2 at end of season so we still have to pay taxes on that.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Your Organization doesn't take a cut of your games? We do get $60 a game now ( raise this year). So leave the game with $54 not too bad, but we get a W2 at end of season so we still have to pay taxes on that.
:) this sounds like an
Org/mafia/union thing
You show up
You do the work
You pay us
Or WE get someone else ;)

Jun 7, 2020
My DD 12u team is preparing for a 2 day tournament. From what I hear the parents agree for the most part that we will not play in major tournaments where teams from other states come in to play. We want to play teams in the same area of the state we are in with no heavily infected in the region.

I miss softball and I am not alone on that part. I understand playing with some social distancing but what happens when theres a play at the plate with the runner and catcher? Also what about the balls? Will there be balls for each team to use for it's own? What about the umpires touching both sets of balls? Alot of questions come to mind.

Apr 28, 2014
My DD 12u team is preparing for a 2 day tournament. From what I hear the parents agree for the most part that we will not play in major tournaments where teams from other states come in to play. We want to play teams in the same area of the state we are in with no heavily infected in the region.

I miss softball and I am not alone on that part. I understand playing with some social distancing but what happens when theres a play at the plate with the runner and catcher? Also what about the balls? Will there be balls for each team to use for it's own? What about the umpires touching both sets of balls? Alot of questions come to mind.
What state?

Mar 10, 2020

No one can answer what if for you.

Oct 4, 2018

Between my 2 girls, we've been in 3 small tournaments in the last 2 weeks. Just 4 teams on one field.

As we've all pretty much recognized, the risk is the parents. Will they act responsible or be selfish. And guess what, you'll see some of both. You'll have some wearing masks, some staying far from other people. Then you'll see most being careful but not overly so. And of course you'll see the ones who act like nothing has ever changed. They'll invade your space, sit wherever they want, etc.

From my research and understanding, recent studies show that the virus may live on surfaces, but in a very "inactive" state. I worry much less (now) about getting Covid from touching things. The main way it's transferred is being close to an infected person for a long period of time indoors. So an office setting or work conference or wedding/funeral -- bad, bad idea. But a softball game... much less risk.

Apr 28, 2014
Missouri is in the top 20 in the US in cases. 31 states have lower case numbers. The parents should worry about other states not allowing you guys in :)
That is if ya believe the hype. Kids are at a very very low risk with covid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00