Considering gettig a fungo, but have a few questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Out of curiousity, since FP bats are so light to begin with, what do you feel is the advantage of using one over just a regular beater FP bat? I can see the advantage in baseball, you don't want to be swing a 31 oz bat for 30 minutes straight when hitting fly balls.

Yeah, my normal reply to this topic is:

"What? You're not man enough to just use one of your old DD's softball bats? Perhaps the pink and yellow Easton Stealth?"

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Dec 5, 2017
I've been using an old wood softball bat with pretty good results in the infield but really have to get into it for outfield, then they go too far. I used to use dd's bat or an old one of hers but then the issue for me is trying not to hit a 200mph ground ball to her. Been thinking about a fungo, Academy has an Easton 37" for $49.99, might give it a try.

Jul 13, 2019
As far as the fungo that looks like a tennis racket I bought one once and I thought that it was terrible. Years ago I bought an Easton 35" inf/of fungo and I have had it for about 25 years. To me it just makes it a lot easier to hit during inf/of practice. The barrel isn't as wide so you don't push as much air every time you fungo a ball and if you are the guy hitting to the outfield it can make your job a lot easier. If you've never used one before you might want to practice with it before you use it in front of the team. I had HS kids try to fungo with it and they repeatedly swung and missed until they got the hang of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet