Connector

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Because a few people have really annoyed a lot of people preaching about ML swings. I reallly don't think anyone questions that ML hitters have the world's best swings. That's what you get when you give away millions of dollars for many years to who ever hits the ball the best.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
A lot of members of this site want comparisons of their girls to the best female players around. They could care less about MLB. They want to hear what coaches/instructors who work with girls do. They want a path that they know can help their dds improve which has helped the top female hitters earn scholarships and/or play at an elite level. I believe that many feel that baseball coaches are coming on here with claims of MLB instruction and they resent it. That is my take on it!

May 12, 2008
Yeah there's some truth to that but I think the foundation is the annoyance at the recent ML swing is absolutely this and that blitz. Swinging a bat is swinging a bat.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Because a few people have really annoyed a lot of people preaching about ML swings. I reallly don't think anyone questions that ML hitters have the world's best swings. That's what you get when you give away millions of dollars for many years to who ever hits the ball the best.

I agree. There is a lot at stake ... not just a love of the game .... but a lot of money .... and the competition has resulted in striving for excellence ... only seems prudent to make use of learning from what they've accomplished.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
A lot of members of this site want comparisons of their girls to the best female players around. They could care less about MLB. They want to hear what coaches/instructors who work with girls do. They want a path that they know can help their dds improve which has helped the top female hitters earn scholarships and/or play at an elite level. I believe that many feel that baseball coaches are coming on here with claims of MLB instruction and they resent it. That is my take on it!

Interesting.

I personally believe that to be somewhat antiquated thinking ... but if that's what people want .... then fine.

Many fastpitch hitting coaches extract information from baseball sources ... and I'll raise my hand as one of them.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Interesting.

I personally believe that to be somewhat antiquated thinking ... but if that's what people want .... then fine.

Many fastpitch hitting coaches extract information from baseball sources ... and I'll raise my hand as one of them.

FFS, this is just one person's opinion on what members here want. I don't pretend to speak for anyone else.

R

RayR

I think for the most part it is unfair and unproductive to use ML players as examples of what teenage girls should be swinging like.

I have read that girls swing a heavier bat in relation to what boys swing in relation to their arm strength. And I believe it when I witness 16/17 YO girls struggle to do a couple of pushups. Are their exceptions? Sure, but not the norm. How is comparing Pujols to a MS/HS player reality?

I used to believe the answer was locking down and turning, but when I see the front shoulder flying out early I cringe. Because it happens a lot that no matter how many times I front toss outside and direct them to hit the ball deeper and to the opposite field they cannot do it because they cannot use their arms.

JMHO.

May 12, 2008
I used to believe the answer was locking down and turning, but when I see the front shoulder flying out early I cringe. Because it happens a lot that no matter how many times I front toss outside and direct them to hit the ball deeper and to the opposite field they cannot do it because they cannot use their arms.

JMHO.

That's not the way to teach them to hit oppo. Females can hit for power the other way just the same as men minus some horsepower. This female is average size. Photo 6 of 16, ULL vs. UNT

I don't know if Evans understands the double pendulum model intellectually or not, but she darn sure knows how to create one in the batter's box. Great whip.

R

RayR

Maybe we are looking at different swings. Looks like her front elbow goes down before it comes back up so that the hands work under. The front arm starts out pretty straight, but flexes in it's approach to contact. I would consider that not having the arms locked to the shoulders. Or understanding how to use your arms. At lag her elbow is almost directly above her hands. You can't get there by locking in and turning - there must be some independent arm action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207