Coming to a town near you.....Warning

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2010
There is a set of parents here in town, who have been indicted for theft from our local little league, now they are skipping town...this is not the first time they have done this according to people at DA's office....even more so they also stole from our select team...I just want to warn everybody before they have the chance to do this somewhere else, I attached a copy of the news paper article so eveyone can make their own opinion...

Local NewsWoman charged with stealing from Lockhart Little League
April 15, 2011 7:59 pm staff 0 Comments

By Kathi Bliss

Editor/POST-REGISTER

A Caldwell County Grand Jury last week entered an indictment against a local woman accused of stealing money from Lockhart Little League.

According to the indictment, Jennifer Joanne St. Peter, 31, of Lockhart, is accused of taking money from the Lockhart Little League association, in an amount more than $1,500, but less than $20,000. The theft, the indictment says, was an ongoing action that occurred between May 26 and Nov. 10, 2010.

Sources involved in Little League said St. Peter had been appointed as treasurer of the organization at that time, but has since been relieved of those duties.

At the level specified by the indictment, the charge of Theft is a state jail felony, carrying a possible sentence of a jail term between 180 days and two years, and a fine of up to $10,000.

Contact information for St. Peter or an attorney representing her was not available at press time and requests for comment from Little League representatives had not been returned.

kathibliss@post-register.com

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I hear of stories like this, too often. And the theft always amounts into the $1,000s. I hope that organizations are all using 2 signatures on checks, avoiding the use of credit cards, and are all issuing monthly treasurer reports to the parents of their players.

In Springfield IL. the director of a boys baseball league stole approximately $40,000.

Mar 13, 2010
OUCH.

My club is brand new and we currently only have one person who can sign the cheques, but we'll be changing to two next season. (at the request of the person who has sole responsibility) My current association doesn't give us full updates on money (they admit there's a investment account but we never see it and they refuse to give out details. It's so suss) and it makes me hella nervous. If it wasn't for the work I've put in with my club and the girls I coached last year I'd change associations but I really don't think it's better anywhere else in other associations.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
OUCH.

My club is brand new and we currently only have one person who can sign the cheques, but we'll be changing to two next season. (at the request of the person who has sole responsibility) My current association doesn't give us full updates on money (they admit there's a investment account but we never see it and they refuse to give out details. It's so suss) and it makes me hella nervous. If it wasn't for the work I've put in with my club and the girls I coached last year I'd change associations but I really don't think it's better anywhere else in other associations.

Lozza that would scare me too. The Organization HAS to provide financial records when asked. I would check your laws on this issue.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I hear of stories like this, too often. And the theft always amounts into the $1,000s. I hope that organizations are all using 2 signatures on checks, avoiding the use of credit cards, and are all issuing monthly treasurer reports to the parents of their players.

In Springfield IL. the director of a boys baseball league stole approximately $40,000.
Not just treasurer reports, but bank statements as well. The local HS Sports Booster club had about $35,000 stolen. The treasurer prepared reports every month. But they were bogus and did not reflect what was actually in the bank. Fortunately as part of her plea deal she paid back most of the money and is paying the rest back over time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma