Colorado-Who's going?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
I was really surprised that this year Triple Crown Sports created the "Super 16U" and "Super 18U" divisions. It makes me wonder if college coaches are making it to other diamonds where the teams aren't categorized as "super." I know BB's team is doing well. I think that they have today off and are going to go rafting.
"Super" brackets aren't new - TCS started with 18U in 2012 and added 16U in 2013. Seems like they tweak it every year. Main goal is to provide more opportunities for teams to play their way into the top bracket and prop up Sparkler. Fireworks used to be head and shoulders above Sparkler before TCS acquired it for 2011 and the "Super" brackets blur the line between them since some spots are allocated for Sparkler teams.

- 2012 Results: https://www.triplecrownsports.com/Classic/EventResults/showbracketgen_gameinfo.asp?tournyid=4903&divisionid=1644
- 2013 Results: https://www.triplecrownsports.com/Classic/EventResults/event_results2.asp?tournyid=7198&ResultsTournyId=4804

Dec 11, 2010
Got eliminated today from Fireworks. We were one of the last 16 teams in the Super 64 bracket so we did pretty well I think, ended up 5-2.

Got eliminated by a west coast team with 22 on the roster, that team was a finely tuned machine. They subbed most batters for a speedy runner almost every time. It was something to see for us midwesterners, lol!

It was a pleasure to play against so many well coached teams with deep, deep talent. The teams and players were very impressive.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
Just got back from CO after driving all night. DD2 team went 5-3-1 in 14U PP. We played some really good teams and even gave 1 team a pretty good game (lost 4-1) w/ some WCWS coaches watching.

Last edited:

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Where are you? CO Springs, Erie/Westminster or Loveland/Greeley area or other?

I think it's dumb that they put the 14s in CO Springs away from all the 16s and 18s. 😕

Yes we were in Colo Springs. Waste of time down there. No college coaches at all. Best thing going out there is reuniting with friends and the college camp we did on Monday.

Apr 26, 2015
Yes we were in Colo Springs. Waste of time down there. No college coaches at all. Best thing going out there is reuniting with friends and the college camp we did on Monday.

Agreed! We were in the Springs as well. Drove down every day from north of Denver. Not fun. Should not separate the 14s - if anything separate the 12s. I get that there were more 14s than any other age group but it was still not right! They need to figure that out!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My two DDs were in the IDT (18U) and Sparkler (16U). Our 18U team got smacked around pretty hard, but beat a couple of good teams. The 14U team made the Championship round of the 16U Sparkler, not bad for a bunch of 13-14 year olds.

Overall a good experience, I'd say that if you're looking to get recruited the IDT is where it's at. Very few coaches at any of the four Sparkler venues we played at.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
My two DDs were in the IDT (18U) and Sparkler (16U). Our 18U team got smacked around pretty hard, but beat a couple of good teams. The 14U team made the Championship round of the 16U Sparkler, not bad for a bunch of 13-14 year olds.

Overall a good experience, I'd say that if you're looking to get recruited the IDT is where it's at. Very few coaches at any of the four Sparkler venues we played at.

Whats IDT?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Boulder IDT is the "big dog" of the Colorado tourney's IMO. Some of those teams seemed like they were ready to compete in the WCWS!

We played in the 18G IDT too. This was DD's first experience at IDT and she did awesome against some really nice teams! We went 3-2-1 in Pool Play and 1-1 in bracket play. Next week DD's team is playing in TCS Nat's in Austin and then the JO Cup in SoCal.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
IDT is the Independence Day Tournament. DD1 was there last year and lots of coaches. This year we were in Sparkler Jr. 14U PP at Erie and had lots of coaches watching. We had OU, Wash., AZ, OleMiss, Mich St., Ohio St., Auburn, Texas, and lots of smaller schools watching too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles