College Recruiting Guidance!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2015
Hello,

Are you a 2017-2018 player with few schools showing interest? Do you want to play college softball? Are you working your plan to achieve your dream? Is it working? Do you need help?

My name is Bob Snavely,

I have many years of coaching and as a past college ball player. I have recently been named Regional Scout for Recruitlook.com. We Scout, We Evaluate, We Educate, We Guide you through the recruiting process. We offer individual Recruiting packages as well as team and Organization Packages. I know some of you believe as I once did, that if she is a Freshman she has plenty of time. Reality is she doesn't. It is getting more competitive each year. Social media is being monitored by schools more and more. As well as used by coaches to track athletes and parents.

Please take the time to talk with me and we can put a plan in place to get your daughter to the school that fits her best and she will be successful at.

Bob Snavely
Regional Scout
Recruitlook.com
bob.snavely@recruitlook.com
816-785-3064

Nov 18, 2013
Bob, you might have more luck if you tell people which region you are in...

He doesn't care what region your in. He just wants a $1,500 check. If you have a daughter in or approaching HS, talk to coaches, parents and players who have been through the process. Also read Cathi Arardi’s book. https://nfca.org/index.php?option=c...t_id=136&virtuemart_category_id=12&Itemid=152.

There are legit recruiting services out there. Beware of any who will promise to get your DD to college. Ask for names and contact information of previous athletes they’ve placed in colleges. If they don’t have one, or claim they’re protecting privacy, move on. If a service contacts you saying they’ve seen your DD play and want to help her get recruited, ask them where they saw her and what they liked. Prepare for crickets because it’s all a gimmick.

I don’t know Mr Snavely and I’ve never heard of his service. I did find an old post of his which tells me all I need to know about his recruiting aptitude.

“Hello,
Am new to this site. My daughter's team originally was headed to Orlando to play in World Series. 18B. unfortunately this weekend we had several quit. I already have resort paid for and plane tickets. Would love to have my daughter guest play on team. She pitches and plays both corners and LF and RF. We have several college coaches that were coming to watch her. I hope someone can help me out. I also can bring a stud Center Fielder lighting fast with big arm.

Look forward to hearing from some of you.
Ast. Coach Bob Snavely

bob.snavely@yahoo.com
816-785-3064”

Several college coaches were going to a USSSA WS to watch an 18U B pitcher? I don’t think so. That should tell us all we need to know about Mr Snavely. How many other of our experienced players, coaches and parents are charging you for their advice? Save your money and read the recruiting posts on this site and talk to others who have actually been through the recruiting process.

Jun 22, 2015
Recruiting Guidance

Bob is in the KC area so I am guessing he is Midwest regional.

For starters,

Yes, my name is Bob Snavely and I am a Regional Scout for Recruitlook.com. I cover Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska.

As for bringing in my past quote. You have your opinion and I respect that. I have my past performances and people who know me and what I have accomplished. Please do not bring my daughter or her abilities of what she has accomplished into this thread, or any other kid I have helped past or present. As for the past quote from an old post, that was almost two years ago and she had joined a team ended in folding because they started at Gold and went to B because a coach couldn't keep players. She is playing in college and she earned that. The coaches coming to watch her were colleges in that region THAT SHE reached out to come see her play. Unfortunately, we never made the trip because of said coach folding team.

I have and never will guarantee a college scholarship and never will the company I represent. It is a process we will help guide the athlete thru. If you have past problems with a recruiting service I am sorry. You said yourself you don't know me or the service I represent. If you would like to know me I encourage you to call me at number listed and we can have talk and you can ask any question you like off of this forum about me.

As for Recruitlook.com Yes we have a MVP package that does cost $1500.00. As well as several other packages starting from free to $10.00 a month on up. I encourage you to look at our site and services from both individual packages to Team and Organization programs.

Every one has an opinion and is entitled to them. I simply am offering my services to anyone that is open minded and wanting an evaluation of their daughter.

Sincerely,

Bob Snavely
Regional Scout
Recruitlook.com
816-785-3064

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
As much as I would like to take the time to flame you, I won't bother even though the fact that many members on here know me to be not only extremely good at it, but quite scathing as well and I have to say, most will be quite disappointed. Search all of the threads involving college recruiting on this site. We are not some backwoods, single state little site. We are multi-national; and although some may find value in your service for a price, most on here will find FAR better value here for FREE. You might find better luck in your neck of the woods on the single state sites.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
Well I don't think Bob deserves to be flamed but I concur that there is really no need to buy a recruiting service if your DD puts in some work on her own. DD did get a free Captain U account and although it didn't end up helping her at all, several coaches made contact with DDs TB coaches through that site. I do believe there can be some value in having a profile out there on a national site.

Nov 18, 2013
For starters,

Yes, my name is Bob Snavely and I am a Regional Scout for Recruitlook.com. I cover Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska.

As for bringing in my past quote. You have your opinion and I respect that. I have my past performances and people who know me and what I have accomplished. Please do not bring my daughter or her abilities of what she has accomplished into this thread, or any other kid I have helped past or present. As for the past quote from an old post, that was almost two years ago and she had joined a team ended in folding because they started at Gold and went to B because a coach couldn't keep players. She is playing in college and she earned that. The coaches coming to watch her were colleges in that region THAT SHE reached out to come see her play. Unfortunately, we never made the trip because of said coach folding team.

I have and never will guarantee a college scholarship and never will the company I represent. It is a process we will help guide the athlete thru. If you have past problems with a recruiting service I am sorry. You said yourself you don't know me or the service I represent. If you would like to know me I encourage you to call me at number listed and we can have talk and you can ask any question you like off of this forum about me.

As for Recruitlook.com Yes we have a MVP package that does cost $1500.00. As well as several other packages starting from free to $10.00 a month on up. I encourage you to look at our site and services from both individual packages to Team and Organization programs.

Every one has an opinion and is entitled to them. I simply am offering my services to anyone that is open minded and wanting an evaluation of their daughter.

Sincerely,

Bob Snavely
Regional Scout
Recruitlook.com
816-785-3064

My comment was aimed at the idea of several schools attending an 18U B USSSA WS to watch anybody. It wasn’t meant as an attack your DD or her abilities and I should have phrased it differently.

What are some names and colleges that you’ve helped softball players get into? I saw one D1 on the list for softball. Are there any others? What do you offer that a parent can’t do for themselves?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619