college camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
DD got an emailed invite to a local (less than two hours away) division III college softball camp today. Not sure how they got her email, and she has never really desired to play in college. Do they use those camps to actually recruit and look at players abilities, or is is just a fund raiser for the softball team? Said that all coaches and some current players would be involved with camp. For girls in 9-12th grades.

May 15, 2016
My DD was coached by a player from a nearby DI school who said if my DD wanted to be recruited she has to get herself seen by the coaches as much as possible, and the camps are an excellent way to do it. My DD attended a camp run by a nearby DII school. A veteran softball father who was at the camp with his youngest daughter said the camp funded the team's out of state travel. Even with that it was a great experience. My DD loved going to the camp, she loved getting instruction by a college coaches.

My DD lives softball, wants to play DI, and doesn't want to let a day go by without practice, so going to the camp was a natural for her.

The school is two hours away? If my daughter wasn't wanting to play college ball, I would ask her why she wanted to go. You didn't mention how seriously she is interested in going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes