Coaching clipboard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
I use the coaches board also. I use dry erase marker and hardly the magnets. Magnets are strong if you prefer them just drop in its own bag once game is over.

Sep 23, 2014
+1 for the Coaches Board, I don't know what I or our team would do without it. Magnets are strong! I have a small rope to tie it to the fence and enough rope to bring the rope down and secure the bottom in place. I have only lost magnets in my bag not while using. Slide the tile with the 1st up in the next inning over 1/2" and players know what to do without asking. Great!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I love the Coaches Board, but I will disagree about the magnets being strong. A good bump or a drop will launch the magnets. Most times I can find them, but not always. I keep extra magnets in my bag, and a labeling machine in my car. It's probably time to re-stock my extra magnets, actually.

Mar 10, 2016
So I have this old Franklin Sports dry erase lineup clipboard that I love. It has room for 14 lineup spots on the left with #/Name/Pos boxes, and to the right is a diamond where I write in the #'s of who is at each position. I am looking to replace it for this school ball season, but I can't find anything that looks like it will do what this does the same way it does it. What do you guys use?
View attachment 10067

I have never purchased from this store but try this one. Looks just like the one you have.

Lousiville Slugger Deluxe Baseball Clipboard - Field Equipment - Baseball

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Just got mine, quality appears to be really solid. I'm going to buy a label maker tomorrow to get the names/#'s on there. The carabiner is disappointing, very small and weak, and my bigger ones won't fit the hole, but I can work around that.

I just print names on card stock using any printer and then use sticky tape to keep the names in the magnets. This has always worked well for me and allows easy reuse of the magnets.

Which is sad when I think about it since my wife owns several label makers and I never once thought to use them for this.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I make multiple magnets for each player at the beginning of the season and keep them with me. I bought 100 extra magnets when I got the board. Yes, they do get lost. Foul balls against the fence where the board is hung will scatter your magnet team to the four winds. But they stick pretty well and keeping the board in its bag between games reduces the chance of losing them.

End of the day, the convenience is worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad