Coach Teaching HE.... Frustrated Dad and DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
While we bash her I think she honestly believes that even if that is not how she pitches (by watching slow motion video there is no doubt) it is the cue she uses.

Just seems odd that in such a tech savvy world and with all the swing analysis video being done that the is not a bigger movement to analyze the pitching motion.

I agree, about Jennie. I'm not so sure about her dad. She seems very...innocent, for her age. Of course I only see her public face. But she definitely is a daddy's girl and I get the impression it would take a LOT for her to say anything against him, if she ever would. My guess is even if she knows deep down what she's teaching isn't right, it stays subconscious. I don't think for a second she's intentionally being deceptive or leading girls astray on purpose. We've met her several times now and she's a class act. It's just unfortunate that the teaching side of this is so off. I like to think she'd correct it if she felt like she could.

Sep 29, 2014
I agree, about Jennie. I'm not so sure about her dad. She seems very...innocent, for her age. Of course I only see her public face. But she definitely is a daddy's girl and I get the impression it would take a LOT for her to say anything against him, if she ever would. My guess is even if she knows deep down what she's teaching isn't right, it stays subconscious. I don't think for a second she's intentionally being deceptive or leading girls astray on purpose. We've met her several times now and she's a class act. It's just unfortunate that the teaching side of this is so off. I like to think she'd correct it if she felt like she could.

Agreed if you watch her sports science video (where she smashes the recording senor plate) you see her doing her walk through ball in hand going over what she is going to do mentally using HE then BAM perfect IR. Not sure how to cut the video but it is about 10 or 15 seconds before the clip [MENTION=5663]JAD[/MENTION] posted showing IR.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC